So I have a mexi Fat Strat going through a Fender Princeton 650 amp and I'm shopping around for new pickups. A few questions...

Do I need to be looking for F-spaced humbuckers? I'm not sure if I have this right or not, but from what I've gathered since it's a strat, the humbucker needs to be f-spaced.

Any suggestions on what pups to get? I really have no idea on this one. I'm looking to have a very versatile guitar that can play just about anything.

Any ideas would help...
2004 Fender Mexi Fat Strat
SD JB in Bridge, Cool Rails in neck and Vintage Rails in Middle.
Fender Princeton 650 Amp
Boss GT-6, Digitech Hot Head, Digitech Synth Wah, Big Muff Pi copy, Compressor Pedal
yeah you have to get f spaced so the pole pieces will line up with the strings.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
No. God Damnit, how many times do I have to repeat this. F Spacing reffers to the pickups pole pieces being spaced properly for wider Floyd Rose bridges. It DOES NOT mean Fender Spaced. If you put F Spaced pickups in a standard strat without a FR bridge, your pole pieces wont line up. Just buy regular pickups.
For bridge, yes F-spaced but you dont need to be worrying much about the neck, you can get normal ones for that. But if you're scared or anything just measure your low E to high e string distance. If its more than 5cm, then get an F-spaced.

EDIT: For normal fender trems too, you'd need F-spacing for the bridge
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Feb 10, 2007,
yah cus my ibanez is fixed bridge and needs f-spaced for bridge
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Yeah I have and Fender and Floyds dont have he same string spacing. Numb nuts.

Huh?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by LuthierofTexas
No. God Damnit, how many times do I have to repeat this. F Spacing reffers to the pickups pole pieces being spaced properly for wider Floyd Rose bridges. It DOES NOT mean Fender Spaced. If you put F Spaced pickups in a standard strat without a FR bridge, your pole pieces wont line up. Just buy regular pickups.

Umm, I don't know if the Floyd Rose and the fender are the exact same or not, but I contacted the Seymour-Duncan people about it when I replaced mine and they told me that stock Fender bridges should use the F-spaced trembucker p-ups. I bought the TB-4 and the pole pieces line up exactly with the strings...so maybe you don't know what you're talking about.
Well the guy who taught me most everything I know is the one who taught me that and so far I havent found it to be untrue. I can give you his name and number if you like and let you ask him.