Page 1 of 2
finally, i have my squier paid off, and i can go back to working for money.

i get $15 a week, so if that helps.

i play AC/DC, Hendrix, Clapton, MCR, Pantera

i was thinking of something fun to play with, or maybe some kind of boost. i was thinking maybe something to use with my tubescreamer, to give me some bite for my solos.

around $100 is my budget, give or take 15 bucks.

thanks guys!
compressor/sustainer/whammy pedal/equalizer/pickups/pick?/locking tuners/flanger...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
DELAY PEDAL. Definately a delay. Or if you want some bad ass distortion, try out some new pedals at your local shop. Go mess around with a bunch, man. No substitute for hands on demoing.
Quote by madpickin03
compressor/sustainer/whammy pedal/equalizer/pickups/pick?/locking tuners/flanger...

bwahaha.

i might do a delay.

but i still dont have solo bite for my tubescreamer...
then you'd need to work on your techniques/experimenting with it more.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Arlabester

but i still dont have solo bite for my tubescreamer...

Turn up the gain on your TS, and turn down the volume on your guitar.
When it's time to solo, turn your guitar's volume up to 10
Quote by GdayArmstrong
arlabester, didn't u get a les paul custom?

no. i absolutly hate les pauls.

well i would do the gain thing, but i want my amount of gain for everything else, i just want more bite for my solos. i think an EQ should get it done.
Last edited by Arlabester at Feb 10, 2007,
$15 A WEEK ?!?! WTF I used to get twice as that A DAY. They rip u off man.. How old are you and where do you work?
Quote by CyAC
$15 A WEEK ?!?! WTF I used to get twice as that A DAY. They rip u off man.. How old are you and where do you work?

ROFL!

im 13. i dont have a job. thats my allowance. rofl.
Quote by Arlabester
ROFL!

Well my english are bad, but didn't u say that you are going back to working for money?
Quote by CyAC
Well my english are bad, but didn't u say that you are going back to working for money?

yes, around the house. my mom bought my squier 6 weeks early, so i had some extra working to do. now i get my allowance again.
Well i misunderstood

And for the thread... hmm sry i cant help you
holy shit i wish i got $15 a week
i havent gotten anything all my life for free like that

you should get a schecter or ibanez guitar with active pups for a good metal sound if your into that, at least its something different
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
i hate active pups. i can get metal out of my strat actually. only classic 80's. but my ibanez can do modern.

how would an eq sound as a solo boost with my TS808?
nope, they just equalize the sound. The TS is for boosting, but if you think that aint enough, perhaps you could get a volume pedal/distortion pedal.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
nope, they just equalize the sound. The TS is for boosting, but if you think that aint enough, perhaps you could get a volume pedal/distortion pedal.

no i mean more bite. i mean like add treble with the equalizer.
oh yeah, that it can

but personally i'd just use it everytime for eq-ing and not just for solos. Personal preference though
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
Digitech RP50, 100$
any high quality effect you could want

Add about 20$ (I am guessing as I'm from the UK) for an RP80 which is basically a RP50 with an expression pedal.

I really recommend the RP80 for cleans but only if you know how to set pedals up well.
Quote by Arlabester
ROFL!

i'm 13 too, i only get $5 a week . well yeah i guess an eq would proabally be nice. u could raise or lower the low, high, and mid frequencies to your hearts content to get the sound u want. personaly i'm not a big fan of multi effect processors so i wouldn't recommend those. but thats just me. the Boss GE-7 should work fine if u want an eq.
My Musical Rig:
Ibanez RG120
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Clone
Marshall MG10CD
Coming:
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Distant Future:
Ibanez S-Prestige S2170FW
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
Digitech RP50, 100$
any high quality effect you could want

If this is USD, then it is quite wrong. The RP200A is $100 while the RP50 is $60.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by madpickin03
oh yeah, that it can

but personally i'd just use it everytime for eq-ing and not just for solos. Personal preference though

yeah i might do that to, just to add bite either way.
yea an eq will give u a boost if u play wit it off then turn it on
or with ur wah u could try (cause this works for me)have it plugged in and then right before the solo hit it on and leave it at toe down to give u a pretty nice treble boost, it worked for me

or if that dont work then u can buy another od pedal and wat u do is turn the gain all the way down and the tone up and when u switch it on it gives u a slight boost
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Save your money for a new guitar?
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Quote by dimebag4eva
yea an eq will give u a boost if u play wit it off then turn it on
or with ur wah u could try (cause this works for me)have it plugged in and then right before the solo hit it on and leave it at toe down to give u a pretty nice treble boost, it worked for me

or if that dont work then u can buy another od pedal and wat u do is turn the gain all the way down and the tone up and when u switch it on it gives u a slight boost

i do that with my big muff, but on my TS808 its too much.

and why would i want a new guitar? do you even know what a pedal is?
Quote by CyAC

Judging by the pay rate, I'd say he lives in Mexico and makes guitars for Fender.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Judging by the pay rate, I'd say he lives in Mexico and makes guitars for Fender.

hahaha!
Page 1 of 2