Of course. It's a PS3! Why wouldn't it?! Sony feels the need to throw so much sht at you so you'll buy their product. Who needs a dvd player in their game console? Do you really not have one already? Yeah yeah, it can make things more convenient, but that's one of the reasons the PS3 costs so much.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Feb 10, 2007,
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Of course. It's a PS3! Why wouldn't it?! Sony feels the need to throw so much sht at you so you'll buy their product. Who needs a dvd player in their game console? Do you really not have one already?

Not everyone has a DVD player in each room in their house and/or their bedroom, which is where a lot of PS3's will go.
mmmk.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Of course. It's a PS3! Why wouldn't it?! Sony feels the need to throw so much sht at you so you'll buy their product. Who needs a dvd player in their game console? Do you really not have one already?

This reminds of the 80-something inch LCDTV they released ...
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by sithian476
Not everyone has a DVD player in each room in their house and/or their bedroom, which is where a lot of PS3's will go.

I edited my post a little.

I understand that a lot of people don't have DVD players in their bedrooms. But should Sony say to themselves, "Let's make this game system more expensive, so some people can put it in their rooms and watch DVDs." It isn't necessary. If people want to watch DVDs in their bedrooms, they should buy another DVD player, or a PS2 at least. Why should everyone have to pay more money for a game system so that we can watch movies on it too. The Blu-Ray thing, I understand. Blu-Ray is the new thing (but beware, Sony has a bad history in terms setting medium trends).
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Feb 10, 2007,
Well, it would be stupid to remove the capability to play DVD's because it also plays PS2 games which is a good thing, and most of the PS2 games are DVD-format based. I'm sure the capability to play a DVD in a PS3 is a small fraction of it's cost.
mmmk.
Quote by RedHotFan182
they play dvds, hd dvds, and blu-ray i have one and dvds work just fine

Are you sure about HD-DVD? I've never heard this.

My dad is a big video game guy, and he bought PS3 and Xbox 360. He wants to buy the HD-DVD drive for the 360. But why should he if the PS3 can play them? I think he would know if they could play HD-DVDs. In fact, I think I would know too. Just think about it, Blu-Ray drives cost more than $600. The Microsoft HD-DVD drive costs $200. Plus all the nice graphic gaming stuff, there is no way that the PS3 could have all of that and cost $600.

But then again, I don't know for sure. Linkage?
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I edited my post a little.

I understand that a lot of people don't have DVD players in their bedrooms. But should Sony say to themselves, "Let's make this game system more expensive, so some people can put it in their rooms and watch DVDs." It isn't necessary. If people want to watch DVDs in their bedrooms, they should buy another DVD player, or a PS2 at least. Why should everyone have to pay more money for a game system so that we can watch movies on it too. The Blu-Ray thing, I understand. Blu-Ray is the new thing (but beware, Sony has a bad history in terms setting medium trends).

well the dvd part doenst realyl cost that much. its an old technology that was availbale in ps2 and the original xbox, dvd players today cost lei 30 bucks. so the dvd paert doenst realyl jack the price up that much