Page 1 of 2
I notice that all the time people are trying to give me advice in the form of some old phrase, and how these dont help anyone in any real situation
For inctance The other day a friend of mine said to me "better to be considered a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt", and i just thought that, that was stupid, and was just an easy copout to not give something a try, you know?
I got bored of my old sig
I heard a great one the either day, goes like "better to be considered a n00b, than to not use the search button and remove all doubt"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I quite happen to like that saying. It's very true with 90% of the idiots I've come into contact with.

One saying that really pisses me off is when people say "grinds my gears". Passing off phrases from popular TV shows is neither big nor clever, and especially not funny.
Quote by FloydWaters
I notice that all the time people are trying to give me advice in the form of some old phrase, and how these dont help anyone in any real situation
For inctance The other day a friend of mine said to me "better to be considered a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt", and i just thought that, that was stupid, and was just an easy copout to not give something a try, you know?

I heard one very similar, "Better to keep quite and have everyone think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove you're an idiot."
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Carpe diem.

Bullshit. What if you "carpe diem" too much in some mall and have no money left tomorrow?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
"Damn right, bitch"

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them"

"It's better to have loved and lost..."

Those piss me off. I dunno why. There are others, but I can't remember them....that pisses me off too, cos I can never remember all the things I hate!
I hate those "Why do we kill the people who kill people to prove that killing people is wrong?" bumper stickers. We kill people who are trying to kill us so they don't kill us. Hippies
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
Quote by TC_7
I hate those "Why do we kill the people who kill people to prove that killing people is wrong?" bumper stickers. We kill people who are trying to kill us so they don't kill us. Hippies

well ust with that "better to be considered...." one isnt it better to try and give yourself the oportunity and maybe be seen as a fool, than to sit around and just make an ass out of yourself for sure
I got bored of my old sig
Carpe diem.

Bullshit. What if you "carpe diem" too much in some mall and have no money left tomorrow?

You misunderstood that phrase.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Last edited by IrishBlues at Feb 10, 2007,
"i could care less"

Doesn't make any sense!

Shouldn't it be "I couldn't care less"?

are people just stupid....or me?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by TC_7

Well, if there's anything to learn from that, it's that we shouldn't kill people who kill people who kill people.

Quote by IrishBlues
Wow you completely misunderstood that phrase.

What do you mean?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Well, if there's anything to learn from that, it's that we shouldn't kill people who kill people who kill people.

Says a guy who eats people :p
Quote by Mad Marius

If we don't kill them, they're gonna kill us. Law of jungle.
Quote by Woogles
"i could care less"

Doesn't make any sense!

I was just about to post that. If people thought about what they said they'd realise how silly they sound.

Another one, "I didn't do nothing." That means that you did something, because there are two negatives. The same applies to similar phrases such as "You don't know nothing."
Capre Diem does not mean to spend a lot of money at a mall so that you can be happy that day. It's more on a larger scale about being happy about your life. You shouldn't worry about the future or the past but instead "live in the moment" and appreciate what you have.

Phish - Waste
Quote by Robbie n strat
I was just about to post that. If people thought about what they said they'd realise how silly they sound.

Another one, "I didn't do nothing." That means that you did something, because there are two negatives. The same applies to similar phrases such as "You don't know nothing."

Its cause its blackanese :p
Quote by TC_7
If we don't kill them, they're gonna kill us. Law of jungle.

But surely if we kill the people that kill people that don't kill people who are the people who kill people for not killing people then the people who don't kill people will end up killing people beacause of the killing people of people and killing people who kill people that don't?
"you can't have your cake and eat it too"

I DONT FKING UNDERSTAND.
why can't i eat my own friggen cake!
Quote by IrishBlues
Capre Diem does not mean to spend a lot of money at a mall so that you can be happy that day. It's more on a larger scale about being happy about your life.

The mall thing was an example. I'm pretty sure there were no malls in ancient Rome. Or who knows?

People use it to mean "do whatever you feel like doing now, and don't worry about later."

i absolutely hate the cliche of teachers calling roll and people saying that they are only here physically. i understand what it means but i just hear it so much, you'd think people would get tired of it.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
I hate "My child is an honor student" bumper stickers. Should say " My child is a spoiled bitch with a rich daddy."
"When I was a young lad..."

Save the civil war stories for somebody who actually does care...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Thankfully i don't hear this one very much anymore, "theres more than one way to skin a cat".

And "word is born".
epic7734
Quote by mr.shred
"you can't have your cake and eat it too"

I DONT FKING UNDERSTAND.
why can't i eat my own friggen cake!

if you eat it you don't have it anymore
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Woogles
"i could care less"

Doesn't make any sense!

finaly, someone else as intelligent as me! only joking but one that really pisses me off is when people say "well i say...." its like no shite that thats wat you say. your the one whos fuckin saying it
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Quote by Mad Marius
The mall thing was an example. I'm pretty sure there were no malls in ancient Rome. Or who knows?

People use it to mean "do whatever you feel like doing now, and don't worry about later."

Ok I see what you mean. Problem is that the original meaning has changed into your example.

I could see Aristotle and Plato shopping for new robes.

Phish - Waste
Quote by E V H 5150
"When I was a young lad..."

Save the civil war stories for somebody who actually does care...

Ive actually heard some pretty crazy Korean war stories from my grandpa.

Respect those old geezers, they know some stuff.
"I've had it up to here with you." They've had what? Mind-blowing sex? A heavy set of weights? An exceedingly large erection?
Quote by wiggyisgreat
But surely if we kill the people that kill people that don't kill people who are the people who kill people for not killing people then the people who don't kill people will end up killing people beacause of the killing people of people and killing people who kill people that don't?

i think everyone ignored your post even though it makes some sense if you read it over a few times... "of the killing people of people" hahaha
R.I.P Bellamy
Feb. 6th. National Bellamy Day -Remember the day the pit was one.

SET UP:
Epiphone G-400
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire

Marshall MG Series 10CD

Boss ME-50
Last edited by Soadrocks925 at Feb 10, 2007,
Quote by Robbie n strat
"I've had it up to here with you." They've had what? Mind-blowing sex? A heavy set of weights? An exceedingly large erection?

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Page 1 of 2