Im going to wire a 3 pickup guitar with 3 toggle switches to turn each pickup on and off so what kind of toggle switch do I need theres many different kind I think the on-off-on might work because I can't find any on-off. I don't know that much about them so what do the on-on and on-on-on toggles do?
Also how hard will it be for this what I'm doing is I have a hsh configuration and 2 tones 1 volume and the 3 toggle switches. I'm not really good at wiring my dad can help me but hes not really good either should I have a luthier do it and how much would that cost?
yep, that one's perfect for the job but i'm sure you could get them cheaper elsewhere. i'll have a look.
Thanx, ok so if I get the Mini Switch-Double Pole ON/ON that will turn the pickup on and off and I have another question I'm going to get 3 CTS Control Pots for the volume and the 2 tones what is the difference between the Audio, Linear, and Reverse.
I've got 11 toggles for my double neck, and they cost less than £2.50 for them all. $4.95 is a rip-off, so don't get them from a guitar site - get them from an electronics site cause guitar sites rip you off for things like that (and tools too).

Also, the switches you are looking for are SPST switches, and they should be on/off with two tags on the bottom. You can also add two DPDT switches if you want for series/parallel switching and phasing in and out.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Yeah, they should work fine. Not too keen on the plastic tips myself - I prefer the metal ones. Look in my thread, there should be some pictures of the ones I'm using
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Yea the tips kind of ugly but I will find some other ones hopefully black and I saw yours that should be a cool guitar when your finished.
I like SPDTs myself. They're quieter in some select circumstances.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
That should work fine.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
So I figure that I need 3 mini SPDT I think it needs to fit a 1/4 inch hole but does ayone know where I can find mini, black, spdts, on-off, that fit a 1/4 inch hole
I was trying to find black mini toggles for a friend, but I had a REAL hard time finding them. I think Allparts have them, but as with all guitar sites (and especially Allparts) they are overpriced as usual.

Quote by Calum_Barrow
I was trying to find black mini toggles for a friend, but I had a REAL hard time finding them. I think Allparts have them, but as with all guitar sites (and especially Allparts) they are overpriced as usual.

All they have is one spdt and its on-on and chrome they got a lot of dpdts tho but if needed I can pay the extra money if I can't find them anywhere else. Your right all guitar hardware and most electronics are overpriced, guitarfetish.com is the only website I found with good prices their pickups are good too.
Guitar parts aren't reall overpriced, what I hate it people like StewMac selling tools that are simply normal tools, saying they're special for guitar and charging and arm and a leg for them. People who won't know too much about general woodworking and the tools involved will probably buy from StewMac, even though a good hardware store will get them you for like a quarter of the price. The punters don't know any better, so they buy them at the extorsionate prices. Same with things like toggles, people who want one for their guitar may not know where to get them for like 20p each like I did, and so will end up spending something like £6 each or whatever they charge for them on Axesrus.co.uk, for what is exactly the same part.

THAT is what annoys me. I don't think guitar parts are THAT overpriced TBH, but some things are. I paid like 99p each for my neck plates and jack plates. Get those from Fender or Gibson or whatever and they're like £7. Plastic trem plate, 90p. Fender, smething like £7 again, FOR A SMALL SHEET OF ****ING ACRYLIC!

Does anyone know I can find mini, black, spdts, on-off, that fit a 1/4 inch hole I realise they are hard to find I have searched everywhere on the internet I can only find chrome. Price isn't a big deal as I have found every other part I need to make the guitar and that comes up to about $325 I don't mind speanding more money on it even if it is overpriced.