Who was the one person, artist or band that made you start playing the instrument your playing today or what certain song gave the drive to play? For me it would have to be Live Album from AC/DC it's pretty much a live version of all there greatest hits. So share your influences. I would also apreciate it if noone did any genre bashing or flaming of other peoples tastes so if you dont like something just say you dislike that genre or you dont like the band politely Thank you.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Last edited by High_Frequency at Feb 10, 2007,
Well, Blink 182's "Dammit" and Sum 41's "In Too Deep" were the songs that made me pick up the guitar in the first place.

From then on, I've had these "milestones" that boosted my desire to play. Those were songs like Ozzy's "No More Tears" (most of the same album, actually), AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" and Steve Vai's "Building the Church", along with many others which I can't remember.

If you call me emo, I'll e-slap you.

EDIT: also a few Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani and Jimi Hendrix songs.
Iron Maiden's Trooper.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
thread starter, ur an asshole. I was really excited about goin into a thread called **** Smunch..........
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
No one. I wasn't inspired to play guitar because of any one band/song/album/etc.
Quote by pitbull510
thread starter, ur an asshole. I was really excited about goin into a thread called **** Smunch..........

Sorry, i changed the title but it got your attention though didnt it
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Parents: "we bought you a guitar for Christmas, now you're gonna get lessons"

so yeah, the first year of my playing was a chore of playing bluegrass.

then I discovered rock n roll with zeppelin. good times.
it would be my grandfather on neighbor.both were wonderful at blues.
Metallica's "One" and "Seek & Destroy", also AC/DC's "Back In Black"(How Original).
Another thats really helped is "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Peace Out.
Haunted by Evanescence made me what to learn guitar the 1st time round. not sure what inspired me to pick up the ax again last October but I'm glad I did....... I guess it could have been a F**K YOU! to my ex but ether way I'm playing better than I was first time round.
Im self inspired. I picked up bass at first because i liked it when i played it for fun. I didnt know any bass guitarists at the time. hell, i didnt even know what a bass guitar was! ( i somehow instantly got the hang of finger picking, but i still cant use a plectrum two years on!)

there still are no bass guitarists i want to be like. I do admire many bassists, but none of them influence me on my playing. apart from slap bass, which im learning by watching videos of Level 42's Mark King, but thats only because i cant work it out by myself.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"