I was wondering if it would be smart to put a floyd rose tremolo in a les paul I am looking to play metal and I love the floyd rose. I have seen a few guitarists with a floyd rose in an lp so would this be good and if you can find a lp with floyd rose that would prevent me from buliding my own guitar that would be nice. Also what randall amp should i buy to play with it? I want something at least 50 watts.
agile and some epiphones make les paulsl with fr's
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
agile and some epiphones make les paulsl with fr's

Yeah, but they all suck. Do you really expect to get a decent trem for under $500?

I say don't as the LP is more suited towards hard rock,ayou'd probably be better off getting another guitar meant for metal.
Dickless.
^ Yeah thats what i thought. Just get one of those buy some new pups and avoid the routing and possibly ruining a good guitar.
EDIT:That was to (MexicanShread's post not the guy above me)
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
You could do it. Neal Schon did it. Be ready to go through a lot of mess, a FR is a lot of trouble for adjusting and changing strings.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Yeah, but they all suck. Do you really expect to get a decent trem for under $500?

I say don't as the LP is more suited towards hard rock,ayou'd probably be better off getting another guitar meant for metal.

he wanted an fr paul. : P. but a good one nope. theres always the stetsbar route...but eh i never liked em

oh it is possible to get a guitar(not les paul tho lol) with a good trem for under 500. case in point used rg5xx and up off ebay, and surprisingly a new Fender FR fat strat. it comes with a floyd rose II which it might not be an OFR its a damn decent FR better than its LFR counterpart
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
ya i thought id just wait for a floyd on the guitar i buy after the lp.
is the epi goth lp good or should i just spend the extra 200 or so for a lp custom because i want one thats all black?
For some reason almost nobody offers LP-style guitars with Floyds. One company that does, however, is Burny. They're Japanese LP copies and aren't sold in the US or Europe because of Gibson's lawsuit. You can find them on Ebay once in awhile and this site also sells them:

http://orangeguitar.com/forsale/burnyforsale.htm

They're just under $900 including shipping to the US as I recall. Great guitars, I've owned 6 Gibson LP's over the years and I actually find my Burny's to be of higher quality. The Floyd is licensed but it's very well made, almost identical to an Original Floyd in design.

PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.