I've broken my high e string twice this week...any recomendations on what to do??? i using .9 now, should i get 10s or 11s??
check your nut, make sure theres nothing sharp stuck in it. Check your bridge, it may need to be polished if its rusty or rough. Also, check below the bridge, the ferrules may be rusty, if you have a trem, using it alot with wear your strings out.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Perhaps you are picking way too hard? Are you using a bridge or are you using a floyd? Check the saddles if you are using a bridge and see it it may be burred or rough. Chances are you are just picking way to hard. You could try using 10's and you might like the sound of them better too but don't forget to set the guitar up to the size strings you use.
i dont think its the size of the strings that matter, it think what matters is which brand you use, try to change the brand.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
Quote by BigMESA
Perhaps you are picking way too hard? Are you using a bridge or are you using a floyd? Check the saddles if you are using a bridge and see it it may be burred or rough. Chances are you are just picking way to hard. You could try using 10's and you might like the sound of them better too but don't forget to set the guitar up to the size strings you use.

i'm using a bridge, i think it's just rusty so i'm gonna check
Quote by BigMESA

Isn't a Floyd a type of bridge?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
picking too hard, something sharp, i had the same problem as you. i was picking like it was an acoustic and something sharp was in the bridge.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.