So im goin down to GC today to pick up my Clapton Strat that i have been waiting for for soooooo long and im gonna try to get my dad to get me a fuzz pedal. I mainly play my own stuff really but influences are from RHCP, Hendrix, SRV, etc. Can you reccomend a fuzz thats under $100?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Electro Harmonix Big Muff, or a Fuzz Face clone of some kind.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If you wanna get a cool fuzz and learn something at the same time go to www.buildyourownclone.com and check out what they offer. Sound clips too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by sam i am
Hey, that site looks pretty good... would it be suitable for a complete beginner?

Hmmm, they have videos on the site demonstrating how to do all the work. You might want to order a spare board in case you mess up. You might want to practice your soldering as well.

You can also click on a link to a guy who will assemble the pedal for you. I did that originally before building one and it runs around $130 shipped. The better deal is to do the kit yourself.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.