I was wondering what the pros and cons between Sonar 4 or Fruity Loops Studio 6 (For the Sonar, on Musician's friend you can upgrade to Sonar 6).

Does Sonar have capabilities to program drums (With just a keyboard and mouse)?

Does Fruity Loops have recording capabilities (like Audacity)?

I already have Audacity, so I was wondering if Fruity Loops or Sonar would be better for my situation (I only really need to program drums, but if either or these programs can do both, and are better than audacity for recording and editing)

I am going to record Guitar and possibly bass for mostly metal if that makes any difference.

Any other suggestions are welcome, but I would rather not spend much more than $100.

I hope that was understandable.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Image-Line-FL-Studio-6?sku=704973

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cakewalk-SONAR-Home-Studio-4?sku=706731

Thanks.
Originally posted by ForTheOptimists
anal seepage diffiently takes the cake for me. Congratulations the_pick_gnome you are one sick twisted person :]
Is the Cakewalk Sonar Session Drummer as good as the drums on Fruity Loops?

Would it be better to have Hydrogen (the free program) and Sonar?
or
just Fruity Loops?
anal seepage diffiently takes the cake for me. Congratulations the_pick_gnome you are one sick twisted person :]
Sonar and Fruity Loops are two completely different programs. You should really do a bit more research before asking such a question. For your needs Fruity Loops without a doubt, Sonar is a software sequencer for recording/mixing. Sonar will still be capable of programming drums but not with the ease and abilities of Fruity Loops.
^Thank you, I've been trying to find out about them for like a week. I was under the impression that they were just both virtual studios. Doesn't fruity loops have mixing cababilites?

How does Hydrogen match up to Fruity Loops?
Last edited by the_pick_gnome at Feb 10, 2007,
Well fruity loops offers mix capabilities but generally people use it for constructing midi parts with a mouse and keyboard and it makes it really easy in fruity loops. I've never tried hydrogen so I'm not of much help there. I can say that fruity loops is a great program and pretty generally accepted and used.