below the 5th fret it plays fine but once it gets to the 5th fret itbangs against the other frets. what could the problem be im guessing somethin with the truss rod. so what do you think i shoulddo to fix it
could be your action, try raising that, it happened with my SG before, raised it a bit an was fine
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

well what kind of guitar is it?
it could be the something wrone with the nut....
UG's HIPPIE
^ my strat copy has probs with the buzz on the first-3 frets on the low E. so i lowered the saddles on all but that one and raised the action a bit, it works better. the intonation was thrown off a bit, tho.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
hmm, then it could be to do with the truss rod, look down the neck, is it straight?
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

hmm ok, well i dont know much about it, so i cant help u anymore sorry
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
well, idk, take it to a guitar shop and ask a pro...

whats the fun in that