Okay stupid question, but how hard is it to add a pickguard to an already finished guitar that doesn't have a pickguard.?

Is it as simple as I think? Where I reverse drill a little hole, then drill in where the screws for the pickguard would go and just slap it on.

Or is it more complicated than that?
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
taht should work i think...but dont go by what i siad, i've never done it..but yeah that seems right....oh and i know this is off topic, but in your sig it said you have two carvins and a Gib goth...how do they sound?
cuz those are the guitars i've always wanted!
UG's HIPPIE
I love all three of them equally, with maybe the Gibson Exlporer Gothic just slightly ahead because i've played that one almost exclusively for 4.5 years before I got the Carvin's.

I bought the Dc200 on ebay for 300 or so, real steal, just because I wanted to test to see what the fuss was about. I adored the neck on the Carvin, my only complaint was that one was made out of Alder (body) and Maple (neck) so it was a little too bright for me. So when I ordered my DC400 with all the bells and whistles I asked for all mahogony and it's a beauty!
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---