Page 1 of 19
I just herd them and i think they're awesome. What do you guys think of them?? This is the Thrice thread!
Vheissu is a masterpiece in my opinion
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
I think vheissu is more emoish and soft. I like The Artist in the Ambulance more. Its heavier and the song Silhouette rocks!!!

Edit: I take that comment back! That album is awesome too. The whole band is awesome. I'm really starting to like them. I like bands who sound heavy with loads of screaming and i'm not talking bout metal!!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Feb 10, 2007,
They are not an emo band....nope nope nope
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
whatever they are, they're amazing

My favorite band
Wait for . . . Everything evil in you comes out . . .

My Stuff:
Epiphone G-400
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2*12
Squier Strat

I need some pedals...like for effects and maybe a nice distortion pedal, ideas would be highly appreciated!
that's funny, i always thought vheissu was far heavier than AITA.

it's just a completely different sound i guess.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Seen them live, and they are great, how ever there's already a thread on them somewhere. Kill Me Quickly was shit, Deadbolt however is great.

Stare at The Sun, Silhouette, and Artist In the Ambulance are their best songs IMO..

They're Post-Hardcore, put them in the Hardcore forum.
Top-notch band with a positive message. My favorites are Under Par (the lyrics match my life situation exactly), T&C (great guitar work), and the title track of Identity Crisis. The acoustic version of Opaque is also very fun to play

And their cover of Eleanor Rigby is absolutely amazing.
Quote by The Casualty

They're Post-Hardcore, put them in the Hardcore forum.

yeah,you're right...
I thought they were sorta slightly punkish (they're like skateboarders)... i didnt know where exactly to put them, so i though i couldnt go wrong with the pop-punk forum!
Quote by af_the_fragile
I thought they were sorta slightly punkish (they're like skateboarders)... i didnt know where exactly to put them, so i though i couldnt go wrong with the pop-punk forum!

how're thrice like skateboarders?

+ most post hardcore bands are posted here. they'll just get shot down in the hardcore forum.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
thrice lead singer and their guitarist we're skating buddies i guess... and like they have the mordern punk feel to them, although their music is not very punk.
Quote by Dobzilla

Quote by frodoisdead
most post hardcore bands are posted here. they'll just get shot down in the hardcore forum.
Quite true.
Phoenix Ignition is an awesome song...
and I love the acoustic version of Stare at the Sun. Its now one of my fav acoustic song.
Their new album is supposed to be huge! Like 3 discs... maybe 4... i can't remember.... and each disc is based around a certain element... not lyrically though... they're actually trying to incorporate elements into the sound of the music... they're talented enough to do it... especially with Teppei's newfound piano skills... but i don't know... should be cool.... they've played some of the new songs at shows lately... not the one i was at though but yeah they're amazing live too!
Quote by bassbeat77
Their new album is supposed to be huge! Like 3 discs... maybe 4... i can't remember.... and each disc is based around a certain element... not lyrically though... they're actually trying to incorporate elements into the sound of the music... they're talented enough to do it... especially with Teppei's newfound piano skills... but i don't know... should be cool.... they've played some of the new songs at shows lately... not the one i was at though but yeah they're amazing live too!
Sounds sweet.
Quote by tpen892004
its actually a four disc

its based of the four elements air, fire, water, earth
Calling...

Captain Planet!

Labeling should stop before someone gets hurt.

Talented band which I have the uttermost respect for. Great musicians, composers, performers, songwriters, etc.
Quote by yawn
Calling...

Captain Planet!

Unfortunately, the difference between captain planet and the new Thrice album is that the Thrice album won't have the heart! Theres supposedly a blues and jazz song on there... WHERE IS ALL TEH ROCK THEY ARE SO GOOD AT?

But, yeah, they've pretty much been my favorite band for the last 5 years!
Last edited by drewfirstbase at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by drewfirstbase
They've just run our of post-hardcore riffs...

Never heard of a fan putting down their favorite band in such a way...
Thrice is pretty sweet, they do sound alot different on the new album.
"Those words at best were worse than teenage poetry" -TBS
Hi guys.. I love their music, nearly each song i know's awesome or at least cool^^
One of the bands which I could hear for 2 ours without getting tired
Really cool (emo-core rocks! )
When do they release their new album?
(4 cds?!!? hmm I think that's too much for one album.. should maybe record 2 in my opinion)
Quote by =Thunderbird=
Hi guys.. I love their music, nearly each song i know's awesome or at least cool^^
One of the bands which I could hear for 2 ours without getting tired
Really cool (emo-core rocks! )
When do they release their new album?
(4 cds?!!? hmm I think that's too much for one album.. should maybe record 2 in my opinion)

Thrice aren't emocore, then again who cares? I think they'll be able to pull if off.

Quote by Rolamoto
Vheissu is a masterpeice of modern music.

I thought it was crap to be honest, compared to other albums they put out.
yea their new album like vhessiu kicks ass i love them.
their cover of send me an angel kicks ass too.
but artist in the ambulence is their best album no question.
and 4 discs is too much. like too much for anyone.
and why base it around something thats kinda stupid....
i cant think of a good sig....