i always thought Drop D was for Metal bands and as i dont find that fun to play anymore iv been using standard however i saw this band last night and they used Drop D all the way through there set of 8 songs and i thought they were amazing and i want to be able to play Drop D like them:
This is the band

any tips???
7th fret.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
another band that i notice use drop D alot that i wouldnt think would is Fall Out Boy

tips for that style?
Quote by II HaZzA II
another band that i notice use drop D alot that i wouldnt think would is Fall Out Boy

tips for that style?

Quite a crunchy sound, not too clean but not too distorted.

Find out what amps and guitars they use, study their songs etc.
R E G G A E
I play in Drop C even for my not metal stuff. It's all about what your guitar sounds good in, don't bother labeling tunings with genres.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TheDarkestNights
Quite a crunchy sound, not too clean but not too distorted.

Find out what amps and guitars they use, study their songs etc.

I know what they use i watched htem last night:

singer/rythm guitar = Marshall Jcm 2000 and a gibson SG standard

Lead Guitar = Fender Telecaster and a Fender combo i couldnt see what it was tho because i was at side of stage
Drop tunings don't have to mean heavy, If your playing in Eb, wouldn't be soo much easier to just tune down than avoiding all the open strings?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Drop D no does'nt have to be but can also be the really melodic adding to using a bottleneck but I prefer just to go all out distortion and play in flames just up two whole steps in flames tuning drops all string down 3 and then drops to Bb on the B
Quote by Doodleface
Drop tunings don't have to mean heavy, If your playing in Eb, wouldn't be soo much easier to just tune down than avoiding all the open strings?

Having played a lot of bass in the past, it has followed that even on guitar I avoid open strings, so if I can avoid it I will.