hey guys, i recieved my big muff yesterday after much debate between the fuzz face and big muff. I have to say, i don't like the big muff pi, the sound is wayyyy to compressed and it sounds a little digital. So anyways im selling it and getting the fuzz face which i love and i dont knwo why i didnt buy before the big muff, oh well.
Okay, now i have a question, ive been checkin the fuzz face online and i am not really sure what kind of AC adapter i am suppossed to use with it. Every website mentions the Dunlop ECB-201 AC Jump but i dont seem to find it anywhere, Do any of you guys have this pedal and have the AC adapter? if so which adapter are you guys using? and where did you find it, cause i dont want to be buying batteries every week.
thank you very much
Don't get the Dunlop Fuzz Face, it's crap. I used to have one, sent it back straight away, it wasn't toneful at all, just overly bassy.

Now I've got a Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz (It's a fuzz face clone). It's the PERFECT fuzz face for me. T'was £120, but well worth it if you're looking for classic fuzz face sounds.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Don't get the Dunlop Fuzz Face, it's crap. I used to have one, sent it back straight away, it wasn't toneful at all, just overly bassy.

Now I've got a Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz (It's a fuzz face clone). It's the PERFECT fuzz face for me. T'was £120, but well worth it if you're looking for classic fuzz face sounds.

why didnt you like it? i have read good reviews and really shitty reviews. i just want a hendrix/cream fuzz that plays clear solos
You haven't even tried one? Try one. Or just go straight for the good stuff.
Don't be afraid to care"

dude roger mayer pedals look solid and sound really really good. but damn theyre expensive.
Buy yourself a boss me-50 effects board you cant go wrong its got everything and sounds great too if you set everything right
Epi les paul custom Dimebuckers & Duncan Distortion
Boss ME 50 multi effects
Dime Distortion
Fender Strat with Floyd Rose Tremolo 2 stock single coil & humbucker pups
Fender Chorus Amp
the dunlop fuzz faces are either love or hate. i heard that every fuzz face can sound dif for the parts they use. so either you get a good tone or bad one. im selling my SD-1 Boss tomorrow because i hated it. and im gettin a fuzz face
not to hijack this thread, but by checkin my gear via my sig, what would me having a fuzz do ?
^ im not sure i get ur question, but if you want to hear fuzz, listen to most hendrix songs and some cream songs
Quote by Swat Man
^ im not sure i get ur question, but if you want to hear fuzz, listen to most hendrix songs and some cream songs

ok, ill rephrase that. Is a fuzz a distortion pedal. Like any other DiSt pedal.
not rlly it has like in the name fuzz to the sound
Epi les paul custom Dimebuckers & Duncan Distortion
Boss ME 50 multi effects
Dime Distortion
Fender Strat with Floyd Rose Tremolo 2 stock single coil & humbucker pups
Fender Chorus Amp
Quote by thestrokesrock
dude roger mayer pedals look solid and sound really really good. but damn theyre expensive.

Try that_pink_queen's fuzz face (he's a member on the board), it's a fuzz face built to vintage specs, and only like $80. The only disadvantage is that if you don't like it, there won't be much you can do, as he won't take returns and it'll have low resale value.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
If you want to hear the Fuzz Face also listen to David Gilmour.

I heard the reissues and older ones sounded different due to a change in parts forgot which part but it did change sound to the later made ones.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
can i get a good lead sound outta a fuzz?
how does fuzz and heavily gain saturated distortion differ?

because i can get "fuzz" from my rectifeir at low volumes
Quote by Supern00b
can i get a good lead sound outta a fuzz?
how does fuzz and heavily gain saturated distortion differ?

Listen to Foxey Lady (Hendrix).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Well, the Dunlop one is about £100, and the Roger Mayer is £20 more. It's worth it to spend more, you're getting a much better quality handbuilt pedal, and it sounds so much better.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P

Have you compared that to a Zvex Fuzz Factory? I know they aren't really the same type of fuzz, but I have no opportunity to try any Roger Mayer stuff (no shops around here have them ).
There was a Fuzz Factory in the same shop where I bought it, but I didn't try it out.

I should have though...
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
There was a Fuzz Factory in the same shop where I bought it, but I didn't try it out.

I should have though...

Yes, it's amazing.