I've been wanting to buy a Fender Mustang for a while and I have played several. I like them but i have a few questions. What happens when you put the pickups on "out-of-phase"? Does anything happen when both pickups are on "out-of-phase"? Also, i've been eyeing a Fender Jaguar in a shop recently and i was wondering which guitar you would recommend. Do the jag's pickups go "out-od-phase" as well?

Thanks
i have a mustang, i'm not sure what "out of phase" is though, but i assume it's when you have your pickups in the middle position which turns them off and yes, i'm pretty sure the jaguars go out of phase as the pickup selectors are pretty similar

^this could all be a load of crap though
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
I've been eyeing a Mustang for a while as well. Any opinions?
I'd also like to know.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Out of phase makes the pickups pretty thin sounding, and very trebley. You either love it or hate it. I myself find it quite useful at times.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I've been eyeing a Mustang for a while as well. Any opinions?
I'd also like to know.

they're really good guitars, obviously they're no good for metal but they have an amzing clean sound to them. one downside is the position of the pickup slectors could mean you end up changing your settings while playing, but it's not that hard to fix
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Yeah, I'm lookiong for nice cleans, and I don't play much metal...the hardest I go is lilke punk or grunge...
Thanks.

BTW, WHat color do you have?

I'm probably going to pick up the white one, once I save enough.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
The jag doesn't have a phase switch. It has a bass cut.

But saying that I have no idea what in the hell a phase switch is.

Also; Jag FTW.