How pysched are you to see 300, that movie looks ****ing good...comes out in March, i think this is almost as anticipated as spiderman 3. I'm hoping this to be one of the best if not best movie of 2007.

Heres are the preview trailers in case some of you haven't seen it yet...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TG6FZZY9ciA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wZm52UrkDpA
Last edited by S)E-Javelin at Feb 10, 2007,
a) "psyched"
b) Never heard of it
c) Spiderman 3? Is that the pinnicle of cinema for you?
d) Sweeney Todd FTW
Quote by S)E-Javelin
How siked are you to see 300, that movie looks ****ing good...comes out in March, i think this is almost as anticipated as spiderman 3. I'm hoping this to be one of the best if not best movie of 2007.

Heres are the preview trailers in case some of you haven't seen it yet...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TG6FZZY9ciA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wZm52UrkDpA

I'm guessing you're one of those that loved Smokin' Aces...

Yeah it looks good but I certainly wouldn't call it the best movie of 2007. It's just a extremely dramatized account of the Battle of Thermopylae.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
damn. the game looks pretty fancy.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Last edited by Barboom at Feb 10, 2007,
Quote by joshjhasarrived
I'm guessing you're one of those that loved Smokin' Aces...

Yeah it looks good but I certainly wouldn't call it the best movie of 2007. It's just a extremely dramatized account of the Battle of Thermopylae.

Nah, I saw smokin aces and hated it...

Quote by chillininfl
i heard that its based on a real event?

Its loosely based on the real event (Battle of Thermopylae which was 300+ allies against like a few thousand Persians) not a million as it said in the preview.
Quote by olif8
Looks like a shitty mash-up of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy and Troy.

exactly
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by chillininfl

Vaguely it is.

They can base anything one true events, but it becomes so squewed that the trueth is lost.

Anyways, the movie looks like garbage.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Quote by S)E-Javelin

Its loosely based on the real event (Battle of Thermopylae which was 300 against like a few thousand Persians) not a million as it said in the preview.

so it'll basically be like the "Zulu" movie that came out 40 years ago, or even "Braveheart", which were both true accounts by the way. nothing new i guess
300 spartans pwnd 1 million warriors. wtf? WHERE IS THE FU**ING LOGIC!!?
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Ok, some of you need to go to wikipedia and read up on the actual battle to see that this shit really happened, and yes that they fought close to, if not, a million persians!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by real_québécois
300 spartans pwnd 1 million warriors. wtf? WHERE IS THE FU**ING LOGIC!!?

Basically, the Spartans crammed themselves in a narrow mountain passage (Thermopylae) so that only a few Persians could attack them at a time. They all eventually died, but they put up a hell of a fight with their numbers.

Is the movie supposed to look like the entire thing is digitally animated and enhanced? It seems like just another sex and violence macho action movie that every 8th grade boy thinks is cool.
Quote by chillininfl

Yeah, because you know, there were giant ****ing trolls and shit in the battle of Thermopylae.

Don't they teach you anything besides American history in the U.S.?
There are already 300 threads on this....

lol i made a funny
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
An interesting fact not everybody knows that there were actually 1000 men involved on the greek side of the battle, as the 300 Spartans were being supported by a further 700 warrior slaves called sciritai
Quote by shav0r
An interesting fact not everybody knows that there were actually 1000 men involved on the greek side of the battle, as the 300 Spartans were being supported by a further 700 warrior slaves called sciritai

Exactly. Also there where less than 300,000 Persians warriors. the rest where support personel and slaves and the like. The logistics of supporting a million soliders is an impossible feat for the period.

The Greeks lost when they where betrayed and flanked on a path that was supposed to be gaurded but wasen't
Sig What?
2007 concerts: Smashing Pumpkins, Sage Francis, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, The Coup, The Roots, Blackalicious, Hieroglyphics, Wu-Tang Clan (w/ Shavo Odadjian), RATM, Tool (w/ members of Trans Am, Primus, Dead Kennedys), Queens of the Stone Age
Quote by Archaon
Yeah, because you know, there were giant ****ing trolls and shit in the battle of Thermopylae.

Don't they teach you anything besides American history in the U.S.?

I didn't attend highschool or lower in US. Don't they teach you manners in Canada?
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by chillininfl
Don't they teach you manners in Canada?

No, no they don't.
Quote by Archaon
No, no they don't.

Me and my american ego thought so.
Quote by chillininfl
I didn't attend highschool or lower in US. Don't they teach you manners in Canada?

that would be an awkwardly planned class.

Good morning class, how are you today? The lesson for this week is on how to eat spaghetti properly.
I'll definitely be seeing it. Why?

Because it has Nine Inch Nails on the soundtrack. Any movie that has Nine Inch Nails in it, turns out alright.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by chillininfl
Me and my american ego thought so.

You're funny, I apologize for being a bit of an ass.
Quote by Spazz128735
that would be an awkwardly planned class.

Good morning class, how are you today? The lesson for this week is on how to eat spaghetti properly.

Life Lessons can be taught at home too. enough spammage for me.

I didn't Watch the videos the first time and so i couldnt've seen the ogres and stuff. It looks pretty good, although, I'm having trouble figuring out how they are going to fill at least an hour and a half with constant action? Backround seems boring.
real actors but the entire thing was shot on a blue screen.

I think the movie looks really cool, based on Frank Miller's graphic comic. Good stuff.
www.myspace.com/theflyingelderly
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
I am moderatly psyched half way to the max.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Is it just me or is there a lot of shouting in this movie?
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^