As of about two or three weeks ago I moved about 3,000 miles away from my friends I've had for about 8 years now. I graduated in January so that, sentimentally, I could remember my last days of high school with my best friends. I've been looking for a job where i live now, (mainly music stores and book stores) but no one is hiring. I've been basically sitting inside for weeks, and to make matters worse, i rarely get to talk to anyone of my friends. Their either busy with work, family or their boyfriends/ girlfriends. I can't blame them for carrying on with their lives, but I'm mad they can't make an effort to contact me. I sit inside all day and watch T.V., play guitar, and sit at the computer.

So basically...
*No friends.
*Don't know the city.
*No job.
*Not in school.
*No drivers license (Even if I did, I wouldn't have a car to drive.)

How would you suggest I get a social life, in my situation? Anything would be appreciated. *I'm not saying all this for attention. I am really desperate, hence asking you.

Thanks.
^ Word.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
Quote by guitarjunky89
As of about two or three weeks ago I moved about 3,000 miles away from my friends I've had for about 8 years now. I graduated in January so that, sentimentally, I could remember my last days of high school with my best friends. I've been looking for a job where i live now, (mainly music stores and book stores) but no one is hiring. I've been basically sitting inside for weeks, and to make matters worse, i rarely get to talk to anyone of my friends. Their either busy with work, family or their boyfriends/ girlfriends. I can't blame them for carrying on with their lives, but I'm mad they can't make an effort to contact me. I sit inside all day and watch T.V., play guitar, and sit at the computer.

So basically...
*No friends.
*Don't know the city.
*No job.
*Not in school.

How would you suggest I get a social life, in my situation? Anything would be appreciated. *I'm not saying all this for attention. I am really desperate, hence asking you.

Thanks.

Trust me once you get a job things will start to change for the better, as you get to meet lots of new people and will easily develop friendships. Just give it some time man.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
yeah just show up at a lot of gigs. and mebbe try to lower your standards so far as a job, at least if youre desperate for a job right now. try to get into a guitar store later mebbe?
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by af_the_fragile
I got a question...
How do you get to know new people and make friends at gigs???

Alcohol + gigs (local bands etc.) = lots of friends.
Hit the Pubs and chat up girls make friends with them as in just friends and then you will get more and more friends.
there you go problem solved

I know it is easier said then done but whatever do gigs or busk.
Quote by leftyrockr
How about this,

Moving is a part of life! Get the **** over yourself and get out and make some friends! PUt a tampon in and grow a pair!

k.........don't be a bitch.

And threadstarter, just keep trying to get a job. Job=money as well as people, money and people give you a life.
Quote by leftyrockr
PUt a tampon in and grow a pair!

isnt that kind of an oxmoron.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by Bass Cat
yeah just show up at a lot of gigs. and mebbe try to lower your standards so far as a job, at least if youre desperate for a job right now. try to get into a guitar store later mebbe?

basically get a shit job and when you have time apply at the places you want to work and when you get hired there, quit the shit job. After that you can make a few friends at work and meet some girls.
Quote by af_the_fragile
dont do that either....

Well...

You suck, and quite possibly don't have a personality.
im in the same situation w/ the friends being too busy. sorry, just wait it out is all i can say
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Thanks. I could try looking other places for jobs, I just don't want to get to far away from my age group. I tried movie stores too, but no luck so far.
Quote by Dobzilla
Well...

You suck, and quite possibly don't have a personality.

u dont hafta drink and do weed to be cool and have a personality....
Quote by guitarjunky89
Thanks. I could try looking other places for jobs, I just don't want to get to far away from my age group. I tried movie stores too, but no luck so far.

Do you need money? Why did you move?

Just go play at a music store for an hour until somebody comes up and talks to you. The other day i went into the performing arts center and played piano until a teacher came and talked to me about piano lessons. Mind games FTW!
Quote by guitarjunky89

So basically...
*No friends.
*Don't know the city.
*No job.
*Not in school.

Thanks.

Check out local bars, pubs, whatever. Just try to meet new people.
Quote by af_the_fragile
u dont hafta drink and do weed to be cool and have a personality....

Well, if you can't make friends at gigs with just your personality, or as party animal. You're doomed.
My dad got a new job. He's like a director of Golf, so there's only certain courses he thinks he can work at. Basically because he doesn't want to sell his reputation short of itself, i guess.