Page 1 of 2
anyone here own a ford mustang? post pics if you'd like and tell me how you like it etc, im looking at getting one. thanks

(and yes, im going to test drive one and all that)
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
ya i know, they look awesome. ive only test driven one but it was beat up like hell so i couldnt tell if i liked it. i just wanted some pics of yours if anyone has them and what you think about it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
The handling definately leaves a lot to be desired.

Do you want to get a new one or a used one?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
used, i can spend like 10 grand
Lunatics on pogo sticks
With cars like mustangs I recommend looking for one with a single owner who babied it. Preferably an old guy who didn't mess with the engine. Hard to come by tho.
well this would be my first car since ill be 16 in may. it would be anywhere from a nice 2000 to a 2003
Lunatics on pogo sticks
What transmission, interior, engine power are you after?
Quote by RHCP94
automatic transmission, leather interior if i could get it, but its fine if it doesnt have it i guess, as much engine power as i can buy in a car w/ 10 grand
Lunatics on pogo sticks
You'll probably end up with a 2001-2002 with a 3.8L V6, 60-100k miles. Hopefully you aren't too picky about color.
Quote by RHCP94
ya thats what i was thinking, whats your opinion on those?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
In my humble opinion anything from 94 to 2004 is a chick car, unless it's a Saleen or a Bullitt. Also, my rule of thumb with Mustangs is if you can't afford to get a V8 don't bother with it. I'm tired of people saying how badass they are for having a Mustang when I can usually beat them in my Grand Prix...
Well, I personally don't like the look of the front of those years. So it would really depend on your taste. If you want a V8 you're looking at closer to 100k miles, which isn't a good place to be.

Any reason why you are looking at Mustangs? The look, the power? What's the weather like where you live? The answer to some of these things can help you in your search.
Quote by RHCP94
Boo Rustangs
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by happytimeharry
Also, my rule of thumb with Mustangs is if you can't afford to get a V8 don't bother with it.

Yeah, he knows where its at.
get a subaru WRX. probably faster than those old mustangs. They are awesome, (and its japanese so what).

It handles much better I bet too.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
remember to check for rust before buying, especially in the boot and under the guards. and to the guy who said to get a WRX, uve never been in a V8 muscle car have you? the deep throaty sound of the V8, the muscles required to steer, the ability to put ur foot down and let it throw u back in the seat, its all part of the experience.

Plus, a mustang will only go up in value (unless u modify it heaps unoriginal) a WRX however will not.
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
remember to check for rust before buying, especially in the boot and under the guards. and to the guy who said to get a WRX, uve never been in a V8 muscle car have you? the deep throaty sound of the V8, the muscles required to steer, the ability to put ur foot down and let it throw u back in the seat, its all part of the experience.

Plus, a mustang will only go up in value (unless u modify it heaps unoriginal) a WRX however will not.

Are you stupid? It might be worth more money in 70 years.

A WRX sounds out of his market.
Quote by RHCP94
alright, as a guy that comes from a family of Mustang owners (grandfather and uncle both had '65 mustangs, uncle also had a boss, now has 5.0 convertable, other uncle had a 5.0 fastback) and that does his own mechanical work I will say the following:

for 10 grand you are best off getting a fox body mustang between the years of 1989 and 1993. One of these with the 5.0 V8 is the best bang for you buck on the market at any price range (excluding high performance sports cars cars like used turbo porsches, which are also on my top 10 list, but are to pricey here anyway..). The amount of performance you can coak out of those 5.0's for a very low price is amazing. They are reliable, not as reliable as a camry but still parts are cheap and easy to find.

If you are a guy who likes twisty roads this chassis responds very well to new springs, shocks, wheels and tires. Lightweight wheel (like BBS) and sticky rubber are great for maximizing this chassis.

here are my picks of eBay motors for "Best used mustang"

This one is a bit higher than your range, but is one of the best of this model
This car is very nice for the milage, cheap and the engine bay looks marvelous for its age.
this may be the best on ebay.
Look at the 1779-1993 Ford Mustang LX's with the 5 liter V8's. They are your best bet as far as a V8 one is concerned.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
o dont worry ill get a gt if i can...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I have 2 68's and a 96'. Me and my dad both own the 68's cuz we restored them but the 96' is 100% mine.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Keef-is-king
1779?
I assume that George washington and Harbottle Dorr both drove them then.

oops, I meant 1979.. I was in a hurry.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
a friend of mine's dad is the creator of IMBOC (International Mustang Bullitt Owner Club), and he picked me up with my friend so I could go over to his house, and went so fast the entire way it was amazing. Then a cop showed up and we had to slow down.
A buddy of mine has a 95 Mustang with a 5.0 in it and it is a beast, at least by my standards in the passenger seat, it threw me back.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
IM so EXCITED!! my dad told me today that if he could find an 04 mustang GT convertible, that he would buy it and let me have his 2002 Mustang GT coupe. Man, only problem is that I don't know if I would be able to afford insurance...
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Im about to blow your freakin faces off with this mustang we just got the other day..(traded in a mach 1 which we saw (the same one) in town earlier today) it sooo nice...FUCKIN ROUSH!!!
Attachments:
2.JPG
22.JPG
3.JPG
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
well this would be my first car since ill be 16 in may. it would be anywhere from a nice 2000 to a 2003

i have 3 friends with them. 2 with 2006 GTs and the other with a 02 GT. there still sharp cars with alot of power. i was think about buying a 06 GT, but desided agaisnt it... about $24,000 for a used one, and insurance was ridiculous. and most american cars like mustangs start to completely fall apart around 100k miles. most used mustangs are usually driving HARD, and will have transmission problems, exspecially manual GTs.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
I wouldn't mind getting that Roush from my mom's boyfriend someday...(yeah right...) but maybe i'll buy a mustang sometime, hell im sure i will..
Quote by zuckuss00
i have 3 friends with them. 2 with 2006 GTs and the other with a 02 GT. there still sharp cars with alot of power. i was think about buying a 06 GT, but desided agaisnt it... about $24,000 for a used one, and insurance was ridiculous. and most american cars like mustangs start to completely fall apart around 100k miles. most used mustangs are usually driving HARD, and will have transmission problems, exspecially manual GTs.

O contrare...my dad has had his 02 manual GT for 5 years now and it hasn't had any transmission trouble at all...
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
O contrare...my dad has had his 02 manual GT for 5 years now and it hasn't had any transmission trouble at all...

thats great. im just saying when buying a used car, i never know how hard there drivin. depends on the owner. but its all ur personal preference. i love the old 60-78 mustangs and the new 05+ models, but with gas as high as it and then my insurance quotes for a GT mustang i realized i just couldnt afford it. id still love to have one, but i can buy a BMW 3 series for much less and its a much nicer car.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Page 1 of 2