Yeah I realised that and also need help...well I'm not TOO bothered, but it's something I like to be able to see
make ur playlist thing at the side....w/e u call it, well make it wider just click the bar at the side and make it a little wider untill the time pops up
if you stop the playlist it comes up at the top where the album cover and the 'buy' thing is.

its awkward having to stop the playlist but if you want to know, thats how to do it
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 10, 2007,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if you stop the playlist it comes up at the top where the album cover and the 'buy' thing is.

its awkward having to stop the playlist but if you want to know, thats how to do it

Cheers - I hadn't noticed that before

It is a bit of a pain, pretty significant design fault on Microsoft's part, in my opinion anyway
Quote by im_hungry
itunes > wmp (in this one case)

+1, iTunes is telling me i have 104 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 32 seconds of music. WMP tells me i have... a lot
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
104 days???
as in...*does maths in head*
2496 hours??

plus 21
2517 hours of music?

suggesting the average song is 5 minutes long (seems fair enough, possibly an understatement, possibly over)
that would be....
12 songs an hour

_____
30204 songs.

thats absolutely mad...

sorry

EDIT: plus12 i suppose for the 59 minutes, 30216
lol you're a bit out... i have (i think) 3 Billy Connolly performances which adds up to 1 hour 30, but the rest is music. i only have 2175 songs though... i'll post a screenshot in a minute

EDIT here:
Attachments:
iTunes.JPG
Quote by Felkara
Last edited by The Overlord at Feb 10, 2007,
104 days? only 2175 songs? i've got 421 hours songs, and ive got 5708 songs...

you must have day long songs.

EDIT: Did you mean 14 days? cause that would begin to make more sense
i'm not sure either, but that's what iTunes says. i've edited the last post with a screenshot of the bar
Quote by Felkara
nah that can't be right unless you have 2175 album wraps...

i've got 17/18 days, 5708 songs...
Quote by The Overlord
+1, iTunes is telling me i have 104 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 32 seconds of music. WMP tells me i have... a lot

oh well, guess my astoundingly long collection of music shall remain a mystery...
Quote by Felkara
Overlord

that really confuses me
=/
cause 104 days is huge, but 2175 songs, even as albumwraps most likely wouldnt cover that

i think itunes isnt better in this respect at all
it just messes it up!
lol tushmeister maybe some things are beter left unexplained...

as you can probably tell i'm trying to cover my own confusion, i've never really paid attention to the length of my entire music library before, only now have i properly thought about it
Quote by Felkara
hahaha
i just cant figure it out, suggesting my collection was used as an average for 5708 songs, you would have...probly in the region of 40000 or so, and about 180Gb haha

as ou can tell my mathmatical mind just died
and im approximating badly now
AHHA found out why, there was nothing wrong with your maths btw.

i sorted all the songs by length and scrolled through them. lo and behold, at the very bottom, there were three songs with lengths of 789.something minutes each. there was something wrong with the files and it went all screwy on iTunes.

so good news we can conclude iTunes is better than media player for showing the length of all your songs.

bad news? i only really have 6 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes and 53 seconds of music
Quote by Felkara
hahaha wahey for my maths skills
hahaha 789 minutes? jeez thats a big messup
WMP's never done that to me :p

hahaha awwww
i know i've got over 16 days, but thanks to WMP 11 and laziness i dontknow exactly how much more