my buddys looking to get a electric guitar, he currently plays acoustic...
He has a budget under $450 and he needs amp and guitar... suggestions?
What type of music is he trying to play ? He can get a 15 watt spider II amp for about hundred something...also is he trying to play in his room or does he actually wanna play live with this setup cuase he will have to put up a little more money.
he likes multiple genres... hes mostly into rap... but that doesent consist of much guitar... he likes some classic rock, mainstream alternative, and dumbed down metal.
Quote by kaossurge
he likes multiple genres... hes mostly into rap... but that doesent consist of much guitar... he likes some classic rock, mainstream alternative, and dumbed down metal.

Hmmm is he gonna need this shit to play live or just practice/jam ?
Quote by kaossurge

so why is he playing guitar?
I guess mostly just for practice/jams... but damn man i wish he had more cash, because at this rate... if i jammed with him he wont even be heard ... i have a 300w hartke for my bass...
Quote by kaossurge
Because he loves it?

oh i see. maybe a squier masters series, or a '51.

if he got that, he could get a blues junior, and be set with classic rock, then get a distortion pedal (For the '51).
Squiers are underrated... They are actually decent guitars...
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
ESP EC-100qm. That is a great first electric and plays alot of different music. And for the amp, go with an Epiphone Valve Standard Amp. 15 watts of tube with play over your hartke, plus, its a tube amp.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Squier 51 and Roland Cube 30.

I saved you some money.

You can thank me later.
Quote by kaossurge
No Squiers!

dont say that! the '51 is a great guitar! do that and get a blues junior!