Alright well, a short while back, tabs were illegal and certain sites were shut down, like my favourite, www.bassmasta.net, so I had to switch to this one. Anyways, all of a sudden, that site is back up, so is tablature still illegal?

Iain
i dunno - if you copy peoples music it is copyright so yeah that is illegal....but tabs are from people listening to the song then writing down what they think it is...which isnt copyright i dont think ....so that aint illegal cos its your own interpretation of the song, not something uv copied off somebody else.....but if its re-opened id make the most of it now, whether it illegal or not u can still print the tabs at the minute
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Well I think most tab sites had a problem with people copying down tablature books, which may be illegal. I believe UG was never closed because it's not based in the US, or something like that.
Ok, Thanks.
People Who Say Money Can't Buy Happiness Obviously Never Had Any

Gear:

Ibanez GAXB150
Fender Dimension
Rumble 100 Watt Amp