What's the difference between an Epiphone SG G-400 and an Epiphone LP Standard, besides the holllow-body-ness? What kind of music does the SG play? Which one would you say is "better", as in tone, durability, speed, all that stuff.
~InfernalBrood wuz heer
it all depends on what you want to play. I've tried both and i liked the SG a little better cause it was lighter and played a little faster, but the les paul had that sound that really attracted me to it. Any guitar can play the music you want it to. IF you want to play the blues with an SG, then go for it. If you want to play gospel with a les paul, the do it. It;s what you like, not what other people say it should do.
Hollow-body?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
NO ^^

They both are great but different in each way, but first may I say the Les Paul is not hollow it's just a thick bodied guitar.

Now before we can help what sort of music do you like to play?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
its really a matter of choice for u between them, the sg was made to be a "futuristic" version of a les paul. As far as overall tone the LP is going to take it as a more classic rock tone, while the sg is more of a crunchy tone. Durability is not really an issue as at that price range, epiphones are amazingly well built. Speed wise id guess the sg will be a little faster of a neck. The sg is much lighter than the les paul but the LP wieght is due to the wood its made of which gives it a better tone.

I actually played both of these at guitar center a few hours ago.
Both are amazing guitars personally id go with the les paul tho.
Not necessarily, ^^

Lots of classic rock artists used SG's as much as LP's.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Ok then...
One last question, though. What do people mean when they say that the neck is fast? Does it allow the player to play faster? If so, then how exactly?
~InfernalBrood wuz heer
I have an Epi SG special. It sounds sweet for blues, rock and some metal.

I feel like stabbing it through its non existing heart whenever I try anything fast, or punk. Or shredding. Doesn't cope well.

Hope this helps.
Guys, it's all opinion. Listen to page, he's basically got most of it down.

Les paul is not hollow-bodied guitar and no, the SG isn't some suped up versoin of a les paul. It actually didn't grow too much interest in the crowd back then considering it was as solid-body guitar.

From what I've played, I really enjoyed the epiphone les paul alot more than the G-400. Just know that the SG will be ALOT lighter (I was really surprised when I first played it) and it may feel unbalenced to you if you use alot of les paul type guitars.

Go try them out for yourself!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^^ Very well put.

And about faster it means the neck is easier to play on, so yes you will play faster perhaps. But it's just the playability of the neck.

^Yeah, true.

You can't really say a neck will make you play faster. It's more of a comfortability sort of thing. The more you play with it, the more you'll be used to it, look at zakk wylde and slash, they played the Gibson Les Paul and could shred quite (actually, VERY) well on it.

Just because it has a thick neck, doesn't mean you can't play fast on it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I think that epiphone sg's play better, and sound nicer than epiphone les pauls, but with gibson its the other way around.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man