I have a Godin Freeway Classic Black and.. Ibought it without th floyd rose. I want the floyd now.. so would i be able to buy oneor get a guitar shop to put one? Im not familier about the floyd so its probably an obvious question.. I could trade it in for a floyd rose one .. it was only like $75 more... and is it useful to have a floyd rose??.. anyway..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Unless you use the tremolo a lot floyd rose is useless.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
it cost more money to turn a non floyd guitar into a floyd guitar, in fact cost about as much as buying a guitar with a floyd
If you don't know if it's useful to have a Floyd Rose don't get one plain and simple. They take more knowledge and work than it's worth if you won't really be using it.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
ok, ill probably just trade it in if i get the extra money soon... when i was playing the guitar, he brought the one with the floyd and i was messing around with it then one string broke, that i didn't know and the rest went out of tune :S so is that normal that they do that? plus he said buddy didn't put the strings in not enough.. no idea what that means.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by teamzaius
If you don't know if it's useful to have a Floyd Rose don't get one plain and simple. They take more knowledge and work than it's worth if you won't really be using it.

I know I would use it though.. I'm learning a few song now that need a floyd rose and i want to be able to playstuff like that anyway..
You cant just swap the vintage style tremolo with a Floyd Rose, you'd need to route the cavity to accommodate the FR. Just save up for a new guitar with one.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Just trade your freeway in now for the Floyd Rose freeway. Then you'll have your floyd and you can learn all about how to work them and maintain them. The best way to learn is through experience.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic