I have an LTD EC-1000, so it has an EMG 60 in the neck. I can press down on the bridge side of the neck pickup and it goes down into the hole. It still sounds fine but I'm wondering if there is something I can do to fix it or if I should just take it to the shop...

Here's some pics of what I'm talking about b/c I can't explain it too well:

When doing palm muted power chords or galloping, I tend to hit the neck pickup, so I think this is how it happened. Altough I can't imagine I've ever hit it so hard to break something internally...

take it to a shop mate,you wouldnt want anything else to happen to it would you? lol
Waheyy Boy!
Just Dont Stick It In A Bucket Of Water!
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

I think you should take it into a shop too. =\

What's £30 to get a £700 guitar fixed?
My fellow esp/td ec-1000 brotheren! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? Haha, just kidding. Take it to the shop and get it fixed up, it'll all be worth it as Dobzilla said.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Arlabester
is it affecting your sound in any way?

Not that I have noticed, which is why I put it off initially. I've lowered it as far as it can go while still maintaining good sound to avoid hitting it directly. I think after constantly trying to do the disposable heroes riff it just had enough lol. At least I can finally do that freakin riff...
Actually, I remember my guitar having the pups as you have. The neck pick-up did that, I don't think there's anything wrong with your guitar, man.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
My fellow esp/td ec-1000 brotheren! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? Haha, just kidding. Take it to the shop and get it fixed up, it'll all be worth it as Dobzilla said.

Mmm, yeah probably get some staplocks while I'm there hehe. And maybe try out their 07 ESP's if they got any...
Quote by Jinskee
Actually, I remember my guitar having the pups as you have. The neck pick-up did that, I don't think there's anything wrong with your guitar, man.

I was kinda thinking that too. Like maybe they designed it that way b/c they knew fools like me would be whacking it with the pick constantly, guess I'll find out soon enough.
yeah the 60 in my les paul does that aswell but i strum in the middle anyway so the whole hitting the pickup thing isnt an issue for me
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
What?The pickup isn't supposed to move?uh oh....
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
^Actually, aren't they? Just press on your pick ups and whabam, they move...well, they slant.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Its normal, since there are only 2 springs supporting the pickups on each center. A way to resolve this is to get a longer/firmer/stiffer spring so that it'd be tight.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Its normal, since there are only 2 springs supporting the pickups on each center. A way to resolve this is to get a longer/firmer/stiffer spring so that it'd be tight.

What doesn't make sense is that it only tilts on one side, and that my bridge pickup doesn't budge at all. I get what you're saying though with the springs and the way they are mounted.
If you're too concern (which you shouldnt...) you can do is open up the pickup ring and stuff sponges inside so that it wont move anymore. Personally i dont give a crap as long as the tone is ok and my playing is good.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
If you're too concern (which you shouldnt...) you can do is open up the pickup ring and stuff sponges inside so that it wont move anymore. Personally i dont give a crap as long as the tone is ok and my playing is good.

true... thanks for the help.
It's not a bit deal at all. The pickup is just being supported by two springs so it can bend if you push them.

My guitar does that too and it's no big deal.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I can push my emg's down a bit to. It doesn't bother me they still sound amazing.
Your pickup case springs are probably broken or something. A new pickup case is like $5 and if you can find the springs alone it would be just pennies
Well...
I would take it into a shop just so something worse can happen!
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
Why can't you just initially lower the pickup and turn up the pickup volume?
Why do you have to make life so complicated?

/me cuts self.

with butter knife.