Some metallica, For Whom the Bell Tolls and Master of Puppets for instance
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
slayer- most of theyre stuff.
black sabbath is pretty simple
metallica post-black album
children of bodom
dragonforce

seeing how you like shitty bands like slipknot, let me add slipknot and system of a down to the list.also try stonesour.

lamb of god, a7x, and KSE
futball season and football season.
Quote by MLmaster37

lamb of god

Haha.
No.
Bass follows guitar in pretty much all of their songs.
I wouldn't call Lamb of God "easy"
Quote by MLmaster37
children of bodom
dragonforce

seeing how you like shitty bands like slipknot, let me add slipknot and system of a down to the list.also try stonesour.

Stone sour and soad arent metal...

and dragonforce= ewwww lol...

Children of Bodom is sick though
Quote by MLmaster37
children of bodom
dragonforce

Lamb of God isn't too easy, as John Campbell follows the guitar lines pretty much. Pretty fast stuff - not too technical, but you gotta have a fast left hand and pretty solid picking technique.

In terms of real metal bands, however:

Black Sabbath
Most Iced Earth
Slayer
Judas Priest
Amon Amarth
Dimmu Borgir
Motorhead
dude, most sabbath songs are outrageous on bass...might be slow, but its complicated

dragonforce ain't bad, just don't play 16th notes like he does, play 1-2 notes per measure.

(flame vest) Godmack isnt bad, pink floyd is easy, maiden if you like triplets, bodom is fair

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Quote by Charlatan_001

In terms of real metal bands, however:

Black Sabbath
Most Iced Earth
Slayer
Judas Priest
Amon Amarth
Dimmu Borgir
Motorhead

Thank you

Tho i dont much care for DB. AA pwns tho , as do the rest, just i dont see too many AA fans anymore
Quote by crash_course
Haha.
No.
Bass follows guitar in pretty much all of their songs.
I wouldn't call Lamb of God "easy"

i was mocking his taste in music.

i am fully aware of how the bass does that. it doesnt qualify as hard, but not nessacrarily simple.

in other words, i was being an asshole

Quote by mangablade
Thank you

Tho i dont much care for DB. AA pwns tho , as do the rest, just i dont see too many AA fans anymore

i cant find many other bands like Amon Amarth

EDIT: did anyone else notice "slipknot fan club member" isnt in his sig anymore? and his avatar is AA?

conformist......
Last edited by MLmaster37 at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by MLmaster37
i was mocking his taste in music.

i am fully aware of how the bass does that. it doesnt qualify as hard, but not nessacrarily simple.

in other words, i was being an asshole

haha agreed
i think ive seen some hard stuff.
not by LoG
Quote by MLmaster37

i cant find many other bands like Amon Amarth

EDIT: did anyone else notice "slipknot fan club member" isnt in his sig anymore? and his avatar is AA?

conformist......

Tho lamb of god, a7x, and KSE arent metal Metalcore, and pop metal basically.

Though if i wanna go to Dragonforce in march/april when they come here, i have to put up with 3 of those types of bands (KSE being one of em)
^ Not Metal?!?!?!?! I dont think so I ****ing hate lamb of god and bascically everything listed in this discussion...

....but All those bands you listen are definitely metal and not metalcore maybe pop metal but metal core is like Between the Buried and Me or Glass Casket. Now those are 2 good bands.

But to Each his own so Im not insulting anyone's taste in music I would never do that.

As far as easy metal bands they've all been listen.
Killswitch.Engage and Lamb of God are most assuredly metalcore, as are Trivium are every other "metal" band that trendy kiddies these days adore.
Quote by Counterpoise
Killswitch.Engage and Lamb of God are most assuredly metalcore, as are Trivium are every other "metal" band that trendy kiddies these days adore.

QFT

Quote by CrazyBassist

^ Not Metal?!?!?!?! I dont think so I ****ing hate lamb of god and bascically everything listed in this discussion...

....but All those bands you listen are definitely metal and not metalcore maybe pop metal but metal core is like Between the Buried and Me or Glass Casket. Now those are 2 good bands.

But to Each his own so Im not insulting anyone's taste in music I would never do that.

As far as easy metal bands they've all been listen.

judging by how you hate all bands listed in this discussion so far, i doubt you have any taste in metal. dont tell us how its classified. I'm pretty much positive i know more about metal then you, but you know more about [insert crazybassists favorite genre here] then me. but lets keep this discusion on topic, aye?
Quote by kaossurge
This wasn't intended to be a " my music is better than yours" thread....

it wasnt at all, and it still hasnt. posting like that, either an attempt to bump it or otherwise, will help ti get off track though.

more suggestions....

Some Maiden
all slayer (if you have good stamina)
SOAD
Children of Bodom

and many others when i attempt to think of them...

damnit brain freeze
Anthrax has some easy bass lines, and if you're looking into some "harder than easy" stuff, then look into some Pantera bass lines. Rex is an animal
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Anthrax has some easy bass lines, and if you're looking into some "harder than easy" stuff, then look into some Pantera bass lines. Rex is an animal

for some insane stuff, i would say

necrophagist
cannibal corpse
cryptopsy
decapitated
nile

intermediate

morbid angel
death
pantera
behemoth

and for some mroe easy stuff, check out 3 inches of blood
easy metal bands for bass wud be
sepultura
judas priest
slayer
obituary
napalm death
kreator
six feet under
Quote by Counterpoise
Crystal Mountain is quite fun to play.

so as sacred serenity
???
Threadstarter said easy, not psycho balls hard.
Slayer is easy when your just jacking around but when you try and play it in a band it's hard to try and sync everything.
Most Maiden is at least intermediate to advanced.
Lamb of God would go under psycho balls
System of a Down is farely simple
Metallica's only easy songs were after Cliff died (RIP)
Judas Priest is annoyingly easy
GNR is semi-easy and sounds better than any of the other easy bands
My last one will be Van Halen because i'm tired of typing
Quote by thunderbritches
???
Threadstarter said easy, not psycho balls hard.
Slayer is easy when your just jacking around but when you try and play it in a band it's hard to try and sync everything.
Most Maiden is at least intermediate to advanced.
Lamb of God would go under psycho balls
System of a Down is farely simple
Metallica's only easy songs were after Cliff died (RIP)
Judas Priest is annoyingly easy
GNR is semi-easy and sounds better than any of the other easy bands
My last one will be Van Halen because i'm tired of typing

Lamb of god is not pyscho balls hard.
playing in a band doesnt effect the simplicity of your playing, it oly demands you feel the music more.
I agree on maiden, but some stuff (run to the hills) and the trooper are balls easy.

van halen isnt metal.
praise the lord by dying fetus is one psycho balls hard though scales they used in song are simple and straight forward but the tempo of the song really makes it tough