I just got myself an 86 black American Strat, rosewood fretboard, graphite saddles. Nice deal. Traded it even for my semi hollow I never play. I've had strats in the past and had different pickups in them. For instance, two years ago I had a stock strat with a hotrail in the bridge. It was OK, but not great. In my 76 strat I had a Dimarzio HS-3 in the bridge. Nice bite and tone, but still had that twangy sound to it. What are you guys using for nice all around noiseless pickups for playing higher gain stuff witha JCM900 100w half stack. STP, Foos, Blink. That kind of stuff.
Thanks in advance.
I want to keep the single coil slot and not route the hole, BTW.
Lace sensors, maybe?
i have an american with DiMarzio HS3 in bridge and neck, and an DiMarzio HS2 in the middle. great combo for anything, one of the beast gear moves i have ever made.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
I'm planning on getting Lace Sensors, they look and hopefully sound pretty good, go for it.
Blues Power
STP, Foos, Blink, and that kind of stuff sounds like humbucker territory to me. Is the guitar not routed for a humbucker in the bridge, or do you just not want to have to change the pickguard?
Quote by malibuclc
STP, Foos, Blink, and that kind of stuff sounds like humbucker territory to me. Is the guitar not routed for a humbucker in the bridge, or do you just not want to have to change the pickguard?

Well right, it is. I have two Les Pauls and a Tele with humbuckers, but want a HHH strat as well. I know guys like Mick Mars use strats and get that HUGE thick tone from a single coil sized (maybe its a stacked bucker) pickup.
Just curious as to whats out there and what peoples experience is.