Hey,

Before i start i used the search button and didnt come across anything of any relevance.

So, i have a metal muff and would like to know some good settings (or at least something close) for the following bands:
Metallica
Slayer
Ozzy / Zakk Wylde
Pantera

Any other all round good settings would be heplful.

Cheers.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
dude , you can get there sound pretty easy from any setting on the MM , jsut mess about with it until you find what u like
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
For Metallica, Keep the highs and lows at a hight level, and have very little or no midrange, or do whats called a "midrange scoop."

How is the Metal Muff working out for you? (I was was looking at getting one)

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
^ Yeah same I either want a metal muff or a big muff, but I don't know which one would suit me better. I don't know if the Metal muff is always gonna be TOO high gain for me, as I don't play any metal, but I do play stuff more towards highish gain.

and kudos on the death from above avatar...
its working great. i couldnt have asked for better for the money. great tone, considering my guitar isnt great for metal. i'd recommend it.

cheers.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by matt bickerton
^ Yeah same I either want a metal muff or a big muff, but I don't know which one would suit me better. I don't know if the Metal muff is always gonna be TOO high gain for me, as I don't play any metal, but I do play stuff more towards highish gain.

and kudos on the death from above avatar...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm really not sure which one to get either, because I want to ba able to use it for bass too.

Just a question, does the metal Muff only do metal tones, or is it possible to squeeze some harder punk rock tones, or 70s rock tone out of it.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
no, you can get some great punk tones out of it. not so sure 'bout the 70's rock mind. i'd recommend the Boss DS-1 for that sort of thing. I suppose of you fiddled around you'd get close, but it'd be no cigar.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
THe metal muff is a really nice sounding distortion pedal.
My brother and I played all weekend and my Valveking + metal muff + mesa cab sounded pretty darn good next to his 6505+!

I have the mids dialed up to about 2 oclock, bass at 2:30, treble at 11, distortion and level at 12 oclock, and it sounds awesome. Very mid-crunchy, but still heavy.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2