everyone seeems to think this guys was so poetic. But I just dont see it at all. He rhymed box with fox for gods sakes! what do yall be thinkin?
The Doors? Jim Morrison? He's a drunken buffoon posing as a poet. Give me the guess who. They got the courage to be drunken buffoons, which makes them poetic.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Last edited by i(ncubus)play at Feb 10, 2007,
we have a biography of him in our bookshelf

i never read it, i still have no idea who he is
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
^+1
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Jim Morrison was amazing, a great poet, no matter how high and drunk he was. He also had a great voice. Find me a better poet in a blues band today.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
WAY overrated. He just talk on the same fu**ing beat in all of his songs. I just can't listen to The Doors. Like their best song is Riders On The Storm, and the Snoop Dogg remix is better...
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by noah22791
Jim Morrison was amazing, a great poet, no matter how high and drunk he was. He also had a great voice. Find me a better poet in a blues band today.

what lyrics were so poetic?
i think jim is a great poet, and i love the doors. i also read the biography, u should read it, its good
Quote by real_québécois
WAY overrated. He just talk on the same fu**ing beat in all of his songs. I just can't listen to The Doors. Like their best song is Riders On The Storm, and the Snoop Dogg remix is better...

Where can I find said snoop dogg remix?
Quote by guitar?
what lyrics were so poetic?

'The Ghost Song'
alot of 'The End'
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Great.

Period.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by ParticleManTMBG
Where can I find said snoop dogg remix?

Limewire, I think it was recorded for Need for speed underground 2.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by Cyclotoolica
He was in Wayne's World 2. Now if that's not cool I don't know what is....

Just to make it clear, that wasn't ACTUALLY him. Though I'm sure you knew that and just worded that in a bad way.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
The Doors? Jim Morrison? He's a drunken buffoon posing as a poet. Give me the guess who. They got the courage to be drunken buffoons, which makes them poetic.

Nice Almost Famous quote.

And Jim Morrison was awesome. Great voice.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Hit the nail right on the head threadstarter. Morrison is WAY overrated he is no poet, he is a drunken vocalist in a band who sucks....
Quote by MrGuitar123
Hit the nail right on the head threadstarter. Morrison is WAY overrated he is no poet, he is a drunken vocalist in a band who sucks....

right, like the band your in is any better

to everyone saying he was a drunken/high buffon, I'd like to inform you guys it was the 60's, so saying an artist was drunk/high is like saying an artist was breathing. A good 80 % of the musicians/poets/artists were doing drugs. its a fact. oh well, get over it.

Morrison read and wrote poetry before he did drugs, he improvised many lyrics/poems on stage, is a major influence on songwriters/poets, and along with Manzareks organ lines defined the sound of the Doors.

So Morrison was NOT overated, he was brilliant....the poet of his generation.
have you ever read his poetry? not just his lyrics? He was an accual poet not just a lyrics writter.
I still think that him, jimi, and janis are still in the amazon living from the land...
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
Morrison was a genius as well. He had a 150+ IQ at 15, and I'm sure it was far higher (no pun intended) by the time he died.

And rock_and_blues hit the nail on the head.

EVERYONE was on something in the rock world, hell even the Christians were doing something (I'm looking at you Bob Denver. ).

Hendrix is considered a poet, he was on acid, pot, and multiple other psychoactives. Lennon was considered a poet, he was on acid and drank, even heroin later on. Grace Slick was on who knows what, and she's considered a poet.

It was the 60s. So to say he was just drunk and retarded is like saying the 60s sucked entirely, and are completely overrated.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Feb 10, 2007,
hes great i love his voice and personality and he was a good poet no offence but you guys are just being narrow minded and probably havnt read much poetry anyways
Quote by fallenangel20

It was the 60s. So to say he was just drunk and retarded is like saying the 60s sucked entirely, and are completely overrated.

Well........
I did a report on him Sophomore year and so I had to read a lot of his poetry. I didnt really find it that interesting it seemed kinda boring to me. However, it is really deep and I only like a certain depth in the lyrics. He does seem like a cool guy though, I''d like to go drinking with him if he was still here.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
he's hot
really hot
that has to count for something
and i like the doors
Quote by stepco12345

You have more balls then me! .

Quote by i have to pee
I love you have sex with me?

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.