Hey I need a new guitar because my Esteban is terrible, but I only have $200 to spend. I have to also spend it in the next few days because $160 of it came from my mom's boyfriend to spend on a guitar now. I play Rock and Metal music so please help me find a good guitar for $200 or under that can play those styles of music.
If you want my honest opinion, you won't find a nice electric guitar for metal under $200. Look at Ibanez...because that's (IMO) the closest you'll get.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
$200 will get you nothing worth playing.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by imSpecial2
Ltd Ec-50.

Is the Viper-50 or H-50 just as good?
Quote by highvoltage66
get an ibanez

im sure they have a good model around $200

Alright I'll check them out! I was already thinking of getting one though.
Figure out a way to get more then $200... if I were to get a new guitar and I were you i wouldn't think about any under like 300 or $350
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by guitarkid7
Figure out a way to get more then $200... if I were to get a new guitar and I were you i wouldn't think about any under like 300 or $350

I don't have anyway to make money right now and my Esteban sounds terrible. So I don't know how to make any more money.
Thankyou for all the help guys!! I think I can take it from here now!
i could sell u my ibanez rg 170 black fairly good condition for 200 american include postage i think from aust to americna shdnt' be 2 much
Quote by phungar
i could sell u my ibanez rg 170 black fairly good condition for 200 american include postage i think from aust to americna shdnt' be 2 much

No thankyou I'm good and I prefer new guitars over used.
Honestly the ESP LTD 50 series aren't too bad at all. They're basically the 100 and 200 (200's have EMG's) models just with a black headstock and a rather plain finish (which is still 1000x better looking than a Strat/Tele copy with a gaudy pickguard and disgustingly shaped headstock).

Pretty good tone for the price.
Last edited by pub hero at Feb 11, 2007,