Page 1 of 3
Alright the point of this is, i dont know if i suck or im good....yeah. so well here is a list of things i can do best. enjoy, and im 13 years of age. i just want to know if im as good as outher kids my age or if i just suck,
Can Do

~i can play a 6 note legato tapping lick e| 0-2-3-5-7-5-3-2-0 (that is in sixteenth notes and 144 bpm)

~i can do a five string minor sweep, (Am)

~i can play the solos from freebird, comfortably numb, aint talkin bout love, little wing, and crossroads.

~i can tremolo pick (eruption) as well as alternate pickings or econonemy or something like that.

~i play sloppy but okay, hmmm, thats pretty much me at my best, dont be to harsh.
maybe one day ill try posting a video on youtube =D.
...you're good. Now shut up.

But how are we ranking you as an artist? Have you written some masterpiece? This is more like ranking you as a guitar player.
I'm a person.
what u can play doesnt mean shit really

1. how clean you play everything
2. how fast you can learn an intermediate song
3. how well you can improvise
4. your knowledge in theory
5. your ability to write a song with originality

also the ability to play distorted licks without distortion with no difference is also a nice way to tell how good you really are

and that is how i measure how good someone is
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Yeah, you're shit. Guitar isn't for you.

You're fishing for compliments and it won't work.

I'm going back to spooning.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by ChazTheGreat

Don't. Ever.

Sounds like you're doing decent for a beginner. Doesn't sound too great, though for a 13 year old it's not bad, and you'll break a barrier in a few years and realize portrayed skill "level" doesn't matter so much.

Edit: Oh wait, as an artist? Zero, reproduction has no artistic value attatched to it, it's regurtitation; Vomit. Being an artist requires creativity.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Last edited by UndeadPaperclip at Feb 10, 2007,
OK. This has nothing to do with how good you are as an artist, just guitar.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
you people are so mean!!, i just wanted to know if i suck compared to other 13 year olds,
Quote by ChazTheGreat
you people are so mean!!, i just wanted to know if i suck compared to other 13 year olds,

And we said... no.
I'm a person.
I guarantee this is some 23 year old pathetic adult living in his mother's basement.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
yeah you do, when i was 13 i was writing 3 hour long symphonies, so where most of my friends.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by ChazTheGreat

if your a real "artist" you wouldnt care
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by PinkIsCool
...you're good. Now shut up.

But how are we ranking you as an artist? Have you written some masterpiece? This is more like ranking you as a guitar player.

exactly.

being an artist is more than just do rapid two handed tapping, tremelo picking, and playing guitar solos in certain songs (note for note which i don't understand how people can't just improvise?).

jimi hendrix was an artist. elton john is an artist. paul mccartney is an artist.

you don't have to pick at 200 bpm just to show artistic ability.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
your right, i cant write songs at all, best advice i got from from posting this
Last edited by ChazTheGreat at Feb 10, 2007,
Here's some more advice, you should have said I can't WRITE songs, not RIGHT songs, it didn't make sense.
alright here is a list of things i cant do,

~i cant make macaroni and cheese

~i cant play stuff like yngwie malmsteen

~i cant do 10 pushups

~i cant play blitzkrieg

~ i cant play the, through the fire and flames sol
Hey kid I can't play freebird so I guess you're better than me yet I am 19.

But can you play other instruments besides the guitar. For say the Cello, piano, and maybe the bass?
you don't need to play super fast to be an artist just listen to bob dylan, he doesn't shred, but he writes amazing songs

if you're a true artist, you don't give a fuck if people think you're suck or don't
Quote by ChazTheGreat
alright here is a list of things i cant do,

~i cant make macaroni and cheese

~i cant play stuff like yngwie malmsteen

~i cant do 10 pushups

~i cant play blitzkrieg

~ i cant play the, through the fire and flames sol

Here's a list of things you need to do:
1. Die
2. Die
3. Shut up and take some critisism.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Dont take it so hard chaz, you're good for a 13yr. old. Better then Me I guess
EH, i'll go easier on you. Just learn that the pit is like the seedy neighborhood on the outskirts of town. Don't go there unless you know what your doing, you want to score drugs, or you have an overwhelming desire to get shot.
honestly mate, why do you give two flying ****s how good people think you are, thats not what guitars about. Its not for showing off, its meant to be played not wanked, now trot on
The information you gave us makes you about as much of an artist as a piece of poo.

Now guitarist, that's a different matter. You're probably fairly good, but technical skills are by no means a substitute for creativity.
Quote by ChazTheGreat
what kinda poo am i? liquid or solid?

green liquid that came out of the asshole of a dead baby after jumping on it
Quote by cagnius
Yeah, you're shit. Guitar isn't for you.

You're fishing for compliments and it won't work.

I'm going back to spooning.

+1 on all of it
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by ChazTheGreat
Alright the point of this is, i dont know if i suck or im good....yeah. so well here is a list of things i can do best. enjoy, and im 13 years of age. i just want to know if im as good as outher kids my age or if i just suck,
Can Do

~i can play a 6 note legato tapping lick e| 0-2-3-5-7-5-3-2-0 (that is in sixteenth notes and 144 bpm)

~i can do a five string minor sweep, (Am)

~i can play the solos from freebird, comfortably numb, aint talkin bout love, little wing, and crossroads.

~i can tremolo pick (eruption) as well as alternate pickings or econonemy or something like that.

~i play sloppy but okay, hmmm, thats pretty much me at my best, dont be to harsh.

Beathoven wrote a symphony when he was 8. You're poorly playing things other people made at the age of 13.

I RANK U NUMBA 1!
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by ChazTheGreat

~i cant do 10 pushups

That made me laugh. Put down the keyboard and grab some weights.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
Page 1 of 3