I was playing my Tele recently and when I switched from the neck pickup to the bridge, it diddnt make a sound. It was just silent. I switched back to the neck pickup and it worked just fine. After switching back and forth a few times, It eventually started to work.
But now, when I play the neck pickup, it has much too much treble sound. It also almost sounds as if I had a chorus pedal on or something. It's awful.
Also, the Neck pickup seems to be off as well. It seems to have to much bass and the higher strings seem to be quieter than usual.

What is wrong with it and what do I do?
Aye, I feel awfully bad for you. Nobody's tele deserves to not work .

I would take it to a shop and get it checked up!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah, there's nothing you can do til you let someone with years of experience at a guitar shop check'er out.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Yeah, there's nothing you can do til you let someone with years of experience at a guitar shop check'er out.

i second that motion
Just open it up and see if there are any loose wires...

UG has gone downhill, I mean, take it to a tech? If he has absolutely no knowledge of how to solder, sure. But still guys, jeez.
The switch is dirty/shot. Clean or replace, and happy twanging.
OMG WYLD OVERDRIVE, you're un-banned.

Grats
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by mig28
The switch is dirty/shot. Clean or replace, and happy twanging.

so would this mean that the only problem is the pickup selector?
That seems the most reasonable but it still manages to switch now, it just feels like the strings dont really fit in together anymore.

the higher strings have too much treble and the lower strings have too much bass. Whenever I play clean it sounds terrible

would the selector be responsible for that?

thanks for everyone's help
Heh, I have the same problem on BOTH my guitars. It is the switch. The guy at some store said to clean the switch (and I did, it worked fine for like... a few weeks...) Then my drummer's brother said you have to tighten the switch and the cleaning doesn't really work.

I have yet to tighten it...
yea.. sounds like loose wires, bad connections within the switch, or maybe even your pickup has decide to move on to its next life :P

try to figure out if its the first two cause those are the easiest/cheapest to fix or replace.

i have a faulty switch on my old plywood V, no matter what kinda pickup (new, nearly new, old) i put in the neck it never wants to work :P
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
^duh.

blow compressed air into the switch while u flick it.
por cleaner can work too. but both are usually a temp fix.

a switch is about $10. and usually 3 wires to solder.

pups hardly ever fail. it's usually the switch like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hardly ever. but they do! i've thrown 3 into the garbage. which isn't bad for 13 years of playing..

and depending on how old this persons tele is, its possible
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
^the average poster around here hasnt been alive as long as ive been playing.

i dont think it's vintage. ive been wrong before tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

How old are you anyways, Jenny?

It does sound like the wiring's messed up. I had something similar happen to my strat copy, but I had no clue what it was. I ended up gutting the entire guitar, tossing the neck pickup, moving the middle pickup to the neck, and replaced the 5 way with a gibson stlye 3 way.

But the extra treble and the bass strings being louder than the treble strings is kind of confusing... I suggest checking out the wiring in the back.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ive been playing over ten years, started in high school. should give u a rough idea.
no clue why i hang out in EG wt u knuckleheads tho. :p
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yea i said "over 10 years." didnt say how much over.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62