Crate V16 Palomino or Fender Blues Junior

My dads going to the states and since eveything is cheaper there compared to here i am asking him to buy a amp. I play music from led zeppelin to smashing pumpkins to the strokes. I already have a boss sd-1 and im getting a big muff soon so distortion/overdrive won't be a problem. I wont be able to try the crate because they don't sell them in australia but ill be trying the blues junior soon. I play a tokai love rock which is a les paul copy.
Marhsall or Vox
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Personally. I like the Palomino. Nice amp IMO.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
If you have choices like that...DO NOT BUY CRATE(ewww) a blues junior is VERY nice!
Quote by dunebuge6969
Crate V16 Palomino or Fender Blues Junior

My dads going to the states and since eveything is cheaper there compared to here i am asking him to buy a amp. I play music from led zeppelin to smashing pumpkins to the strokes. I already have a boss sd-1 and im getting a big muff soon so distortion/overdrive won't be a problem. I wont be able to try the crate because they don't sell them in australia but ill be trying the blues junior soon. I play a tokai love rock which is a les paul copy.

Once you figure in the currency exchange, freight (presuming he gets charged for excess baggage) and possibly some modding of the amp or a power transformer to convert to Aussie volts you're not going to save much.

For example
Blues Junior US$400 = AU$515
Freight approx US$100 = AU$128 (that's a guess not sure how much it would be)
Transformer approx AU$100

Total AU$743, they're AU$960 here brand new not to mention you've pretty much got no warranty unless you want to pay for shipping to and from the US every time.

Personally I wouldn't bother to save that much but hey it's your money I guess.
Quote by Do_the_dew910
If you have choices like that...DO NOT BUY CRATE(ewww) a blues junior is VERY nice!

Have you ever played that amp? Its actually pretty nice and crate's tube amps are generally decent.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...