Page 1 of 3
What bands do you think will get famous in '07? or maybe an established band with an upcoming cd you are looking forawrd to? or anything else like that?

I personally think The Chariot, In Fair Verona, He Is Legend, War Of Ages, Job For A Cowboy (only for a little while - fad band), Becoming The Archetype, Project 86, Skillet, August Burns Red, The Agony Scene, Twelve Gauge Valentine, Inhale Exhale, Nodes Of Ranvier, The Classic Crime, Spoken, and The Devil Wears Prada will all make a much bigger name for themselves in 2007!

(I know some of these didn't fit the genre but I was on a roll) I think a lot of these bands will make a name for the awesome show that I've seen they've put on!

Bands pretty well known that i think will gain a bigger fan base with the awesome stuff they're doing this year (whether it's new cds or something like that) are Atreyu (on a label that can push them), As I Lay Dying, Chevelle, Comeback Kid, Bullet For My Valentine, Linkin Park (i know it's a gamble put i think it'll be a positive year for 'em), Evan's Blue, Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, Dead Poetic, Still Remains, Anberlin, and Blindside (i think they will make a comeback).

post your own and comment mine! thanks, Keith.
Some good predictions. I think Enter Shikari have a good chance.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by BodaciousBob
Some good predictions. I think Enter Shikari have a good chance.

Boy do I hope this horrible band doesn't get any bigger.
Well let's see, lets plan on some extremely untalented, unoriginal bands from the United Kingdom like Bring Me The Horizon and Enter Shikari to blow up huge. As for the US, lets expect Elysia to get even more popular as they most likely begin touring the country and Europe, where as Knights Of The Abyss should be in their place as the better band overall.

/rant
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
This thread sux.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by Cedence
I have a feeling that the new Comeback Kid album is going to do really well. I've heard the whole thing, it's pretty good. Nothing compared to Turn It Around though.

It's horrible.

Watch for Ruiner.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Gomorrah
It's horrible.

Watch for Ruiner.

Agree 110%. Ruiner is much, much better.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
UK Death Scene my friends. Devour Thy Sins, Annotations of an autopsy, The Deepest Abyss, Seraph Impaled, Engraved in stone, Buried Beneath The Ashes, Clone The Fragile... Who the hell said Bring Me The Horizon were untalented? Record me something better then.
Quote by Solipsism
UK Death Scene my friends. Devour Thy Sins, Annotations of an autopsy, The Deepest Abyss, Seraph Impaled, Engraved in stone, Buried Beneath The Ashes, Clone The Fragile... Who the hell said Bring Me The Horizon were untalented? Record me something better then.

Spencer's gunna love you.
Quote by Solipsism

Bring Me The Horizon and Annotations Of An Autopsy are deathcore-by-numbers. Factory written riffs and lyrics to please the huge deathcore fanaticism that is going on.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Also, you pay for my studio time and i'd gradly make you something better.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Also, you pay for my studio time and i'd gradly make you something better.

Go to Vancouver and you can use my brothers studio for free.
Quote by casualtyvampire
Maybe not famous but they will certainly become bigger!

Parkway Drive (expect a new release this year)
Carpathian (reasons: 1. Crafter 2. Parkway Drive 3. new release this year)
Samsara (they r amazing... check em out www.myspace.com/samsarahc )
Comeback kid
Death Before Dishonor (pretty sure these guys are bringing out a new cd soon)

Shotpointblank > Samsara > Her Nightmare

Shotpointblank and Samsara are bloody good.
DEP... their new album will either be totally commercialized or even crazier than the stuff they've done in the past, and I think either way they'll gain a lot more popularity. August Burns Red will hopefully do something a bit more interesting than their debut, which was decent but repetitive, and JFAC will inevitably become the next Unearth.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Gomorrah
It's horrible.

Watch for Ruiner.

It's alright. It's their worst, but I'll listen to it. It has a few strong tracks, such as Defeated

Ruiner is much better, obviously. Can't wait for their next album.
The bands to watch in '07 are..
None.
The scene collapses upon itself and dies.
This leaves countless boys in girl pants crying.
The invisible ninjas are all defeated, so there is no more hardcore dancing.
There is chaos.
Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
I think august burns red is going to take off big time
first of all they are rediculsly popular for only haveing a debut that was truely amazing(although reptitive, still amazing)

also i don't see the chariot getting much more popular. They will get more popular but not much more because its just too breakdowny(chug chug chug squeel squeel squeel) and breakdown just don't impres me or many people anymore, unless the are done in a interesting manner.

also misery signals will propably take off just because they are a very catchy band. Don't know why but they just are.

finally i see the monteal tech death scene takeing off as well (despised icon, ion dissonance, (the) plasmarifle) because people appear to be getting into it and this is a gold mine of tech death goodness

also KsE will get a bigger fanbase no matter what happens because of the lighter sound appears to be attracting more emos than ever(which with their numbers decide what bands get popular sad but true)

Atreyu will probably fade away because they have nothing interesting to play at all.

I pray and I pray that Avenge sevenfold gets bottled or mocked like good charolette.

Converge will also be a band to watch in '07 for i predict they will soon be able to fill some really big venues and be able to rub shouders with the bigger metalcore and hardcore bands(hatebreed, as i lay dying, bury your dead etc.) which overall is bad because they are better in a small club than a huge arena.

And lastly walls of Jericho will be huge soon. not sure why but its comeing
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
Last edited by Killer_bacon at Feb 11, 2007,
Darkest Hour, definitly.

and Ruiner, most definitly. I'm seein them in a few weeks. Can't wait. It'll be my 1st Ruiner show.
august burns red will finally take off. theyve got a new cd coming out and from what ive heard so far it blows thrill seeker out of the water. and they have their first headling tour starting in march with from a second story window and see you next tuesday. that show will be ****ing sweet.

and i think parkway drive will go big too.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by J Lock
None.
There is chaos.

We can only hope.

I think Alesana will (unfortunately) gain more popularity despite being a shitty band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
The bands far from hardcore,
but so were alot that the threadstarter talked about.

So I think the year is going to be orgasmic
for Play Radio Play!

dat kids got mad skillz
and the guitarist from Sky Eats Airplane.

So I think he will be having a good year.
play radio play isnt hardcore. im assuming you live in fort worth though?
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by J Lock
None.
There is chaos.

this

oh and rolo tomassi seem to be getting quite a lot of loving recently as well. so them
I pray that Devour thy Sins dont get big

SHIT SHIT band, a typical TDON band: fringe+factory riff= record deal!
Protest the Hero is going to get huge with their new album. Musicians that good are bound to get discovered.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
Quote by DoctrDrew116
Becoming The Archetype will blow up huge

I'm not prepared for this. Somebody boycott BTA's new studio effort
Gallows are getting pretty big, being on the front of Kerrang! and what not, i'm championing them into 2007. Amazing band, nuts live too. And just because I love them, I hope The Steal get all they deserve this year.
rites of nothing.
Quote by dead_kennedy
Gallows are getting pretty big, being on the front of Kerrang! and what not, i'm championing them into 2007. Amazing band, nuts live too. And just because I love them, I hope The Steal get all they deserve this year.

PSH! I remember seeing Gallows in Hereford a few years ago and they opened the show to a grand total of, 12 kids
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Gallows in...Hereford?! The monstrosity! They have blown up in the past couple of months, it was pretty strange to see them on the front cover of Kerrang! and then hearing they've gone over to America to do Warped Tour. But they deserve the success, I hear they really worked hard for it.
rites of nothing.
Gallows are absolute shit. It angers me that they've got so big on such shit songs.

Just because they twat chavs at gigs doesnt make them a good band.

Theyll blow over soon
Page 1 of 3