I'm in a band and we are very close to starting doing local gigs and whatnot, and I would like to get a backup guitar. I am currently using an ESP LTD AXXION Dave Mustaine Signature (I have heard people bash it constantly, but honestly I am in love with the thing and that is not the point here) through a Johnson Millenium 150 amplifier. I cant spend much more than 500 bucks on the guitar and I would really like it to have some sort of quality double locking tremolo and a mahogony body so I can get the tone as close to my other guitar as possible.

The guitar I currently had in mind was the Ibanez 520EX, so I was looking for comments on that and any other suggestions.

Oh yeah and the type of music I will be playing on it is progressive metal with elements of Jazz, Blues, classical and modern rock.

Thanks
I have a Freeway Classic... you can get one with the FR but i don't know if it has double locking. I use it formodern rock, some classical and metal.. sounds good, feels good and is easy to play.. around $500 or $600
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
jackson dk2m, really nice one. or maybe dkmg
Quote by MedicreDemon
I've never heard this "Eruption" song.

Quote by srvman
^^^ but surely putting a flower on your guitar wouldnt be that stupid, or is a floyd rose like a stupid colour or something?
My gear:
Jackson DK2M
Squier Std Stratocaster
Frontman 15R
Digitech RP300A
I really hate the big bolt on joints like on the lower end jacksons, and I am not too sure about the LFR's on em. are they any good?
I play an LTD F-50. I plan to sell it and buy a Jackson RR1. Possibly and Ibanez 7 String, any $300 RG, or maybe a DKMG