get a teacher.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Yeah do what FenderStRaT RS said... and my question is.. you were registered sense march 2006?? and you asking to learn how to play now??
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by guitarkid7
Yeah do what FenderStRaT RS said... and my question is.. you were registered sense march 2006?? and you asking to learn how to play now??

yeah i was just thinking that.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Definitely get a teacher, and DONT consult the internets on things like this.... you often get many different ideas, many of which are completely wrong/bad. After all, it is the internets.
Quote by guitarkid7

maybe he played acoustic

anyway find someone more experiened than that u can play with and play wit him. thats how i learned
Teachers make a world of difference. Even though you could technically learn everything from books and the Internet, a teacher is there to answer questions and tips in real time and spot your mistakes. A teacher also gives you an incentive to practice.
are you switching from acoustic to electric? or playing for the first time?

If you can tell us that, it'll be easier to tell you what to do/try...
Here's another source:youtube
But really get a person to teach you but a video is the next best thing u can get
yeah, go to i think its www.expertvillage.com and search what ever you need.. i was bored and lean't how to play basic bass stuff.. drums and what ever you want..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
If ur getting a teacher,make sure he is the flexible type, or else you might be bored to death with songs you dun know. My teacher started me wif boulvard of broken dreams...............................now?enter the sandman
Teachers tend to be expensive. I recomend buying lesson books. Guitar center may have them or any local music store. And guitar magazines aswell.
Technically, do you really need a teacher? Someone said lesson books and such and i thought about getting lessons lately but i'm saving money for a new guitar...and maybe a new amp someday.