Page 1 of 2
Im a huge fan of the game, first of all, and I was thinking about songs that the producers might possibly use, if they made a sequel (again). I have no idea what the last (hardest) song might be, seeing as they already used Freebird, but I have a few ideas for good songs, or at least some good artists I would like see in the game. Let me hear your suggestions.

My list includes:
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo child/purple haze
Montrose
ACDC would be good, but a song like "Shake A Leg", with an actual solo
Tell me "Paradise City" wouldn't make a kick-ass last song
Dragonforce- jk (impossible)
Zeppelin, Duh (no Stairway) - "Heartbreaker" in the last 5, "Whole lotta love", "Black Dog"
Eagles - "Hotel California", yes
Eric Clapton - Layla
Some Greenday might work, but probably at the beginning
Maybe a Joe Satriani song in the last 5
Any Metallica song, Master of Puppets could be a final song, but maybe shortened

Some ideas, and its not just my all time-favorites list, these would make some kick-ass guitar hero 3 songs. Please post even if you're gonna make fun of me.
A Change of Seasons - Dream Theater would make a great final song.

Then again, I don't play that stupid game.
There's not going to be a "3" to be exact.

There's going to be Guitar Villain (metal and such), and and 80s edition, and I think 70s edtitoon, etc.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
they are making one i think on the next gen consoles
if at first you dont succeed....FAILURE MUST BE YOUR STYLE
Change of Seasons, I don't think anyone really gets it. Its like 28 minutes long, and Metallica - MoP shouldn't be shortened at all. And I've always been in support for Paradise City on Guitar Hero
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
It's Guitar Hero II, just on 360, but it has a compoletely different song list and downloadable material..... Makes me want a 360 so much more......

Saxo-Walrus

Actually today at my friend's house I played Guitar Hero for the first time (I sold my PS2 way back when). It was pretty neat, but I don't see what the fuss is all about. I felt like it would get boring pretty fast.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
The Decline Nofx It's got like 6 solos. An 18 minute Punk Opera. Listen before you crit.

Haha, an 18 minute song. They'd definitely split it up into maybe 3 parts.

And I have listened to it, its not bad. Just long.
Master of Puppets, or One for the final song and Paradise City for the last couple of songs
come as you are or in bloom for the beginner songs and purple haze for an intermiedate song and maybe stairway to heaven along with Paradise City for the final songs
Quote by Dimebag22
4. the penis thread kid?

Quote by carol.
as of today 7.
you will forever be known to me as the "WHY DO My THREADS KEEP DYING!??! " kid.

Eagles- Hotel California
Guns N' Roses- Paradise City
Chuck Berry- Johnny B. Goode
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
If Satch actually allows them to put one of his songs on that stupid game, I'm going to lose all faith in music.

Fack, I hate guitar hero.

Quote by The_Raven
hard:
stairway to heaven

Are you kidding? STH should be in the easy section.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 10, 2007,
Quote by FenderJTx
Actually today at my friend's house I played Guitar Hero for the first time (I sold my PS2 way back when). It was pretty neat, but I don't see what the fuss is all about. I felt like it would get boring pretty fast.

Thats what you would think, but no. Ive had the game since just after the new year, and it still kicks ass. Ive beaten the game on expert and its still fun to play. Ive beaten all but one song (I swear its impossible) and its not boring. I usually play about 5 different songs when i play, and they never get old.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
Thats what you would think, but no. Ive had the game since just after the new year, and it still kicks ass. Ive beaten the game on expert and its still fun to play. Ive beaten all but one song (I swear its impossible) and its not boring. I usually play about 5 different songs when i play, and they never get old.

Jordan, on expert. I don't even have to ask.

It's possible, but yoiu might really need a bucket on your head to do it right.

And I'm the same way. I play about 15 songs at a time, and they never get old.

The extra songs, IMO, are really, really good. They aren't as clasic as GH1s, but they are certainly kickass. They seem to be a lot more heavy than the last ones. I've been playing "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" and "One For the Road" nire than anything lately.

Saxo-Walrus

Hotel California - The Eagles

would be a good final song
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by The_Raven
Yes, but these people who but this game are *whispers* losers who don't have guitars and couldn't play them if they did */whispers*

Or you may be being sarcastic in which case I nibble my elbow.

No, Smokey just hates the game , and STH isn't really all that hard. The solo's challenging (I haven't conquered it, but I haven't tried a lot recently.), it really is more intermediate.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by The_Raven
Yes, but these people who but this game are *whispers* losers who don't have guitars and couldn't play them if they did */whispers*

Or you may be being sarcastic in which case I nibble my elbow.

No sarcasm there, my friend. In the world of real guitar, STH is a damn easy song.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
No sarcasm there, my friend. In the world of real guitar, STH is a damn easy song.

So is Freebird, and they still put it in.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
So is Freebird, and they still put it in.

agreed.... can play it on the old gee-tar, but not guitar hero... ah well, I play guitar hero to let my housemates think they can have a one-up on me if they beat me... plus, it's much fun when playing it drunk with music illiterate housemates
I'd like to see a couple Dream Theater songs in it, i think that'd be awesome. I'd like to see that JerryC version of Canon in D, i think that'd be pretty cool.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by horazonblade
Change of Seasons, I don't think anyone really gets it. Its like 28 minutes long, and Metallica - MoP shouldn't be shortened at all. And I've always been in support for Paradise City on Guitar Hero

Hey i dont think they should shorten it either, i was just saying it was a long song. its all good.

and hotel california would be a good candidate for a last song, because its got the right level of repuatation like ffreebird, not neccessarily equal, but the same type. but the there isnt really that hard of a solo in it for it to be a satisfying last song.

I just thought of another good one, though, Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits would make a good "Texas Flood" level song
Quote by Ace88
I'd like to see a couple Dream Theater songs in it, i think that'd be awesome. I'd like to see that JerryC version of Canon in D, i think that'd be pretty cool.

dream theater would be too sick for guitar hero. theyd have the same fate as any joe satriani song.
mm some michael angelo batio would be good or some rusty cooley....
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
All along the watchtower-Jimi hendrix
Eruption-Van Halen
Heartbreaker-Led Zeppelin
You shook me all night long-AC/DC
November Rain-Guns n' Roses
Back in Black-AC/DC
The ultimate final song Machine Gun-Jimi Hendrix
Have they done Eruption-Van Halen yet?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by KurdtKobain2330
All along the watchtower-Jimi hendrix
Eruption-Van Halen
Heartbreaker-Led Zeppelin
You shook me all night long-AC/DC
November Rain-Guns n' Roses
Back in Black-AC/DC
The ultimate final song Machine Gun-Jimi Hendrix

Machine Gun FTW!!!

And Dr. Grinwraith's got the idea. Stabwound would be KICKASS!!!!

Saxo-Walrus

guitar villain? sounds cool. they should put some children of bodom.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
I want to see "Cemetery Gates" from Pantera on it.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by Diamond Dave
need a PC version of guitar hero and a forum where people can upload their own songs they made using mp3s and stuff

google frets on fire
A/S/L?
Break on Through- The Doors
Aqualung- Jethro Tull
25 or 6 to 4- Chicago
Basket Case - Green Day
Ten Years Gone- Led Zeppelin
Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pieces- Sum41
BYOB- System of a Down
Christmas Eve- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
just to name a fewq
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by Archaon
A Change of Seasons - Dream Theater would make a great final song.

Then again, I don't play that stupid game.

That would be awesome.

Definitely worth the 20+ minutes of playing.
Spiral Out
the xbox ones theres SEVENETY songs plus u can buy more. By xbox i mean xbox360, so that really makes me want an Xbox 360 especially since my ps2 stopped workin because I left it on.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
The Decline Nofx It's got like 6 solos. An 18 minute Punk Opera. Listen before you crit.

That would be awsome. It would be cool if you coould get a trombone and to the trombone solo.

They should put some Mastodon songs on their, like "Colony of Birchmen."

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Whoever said 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago is a genius. Yeah and i'd like to see some more Pink Floyd in it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Page 1 of 2