How good do you have to be to play the intro solo in fade to black?
Not everyone here is this sad fu<ked up &cold
Good enough to know that learning anything takes practice.

JK. Umm, atleast intermediate(sp?), but its a hard solo to get down perfectly, but practice makes something close to perfect.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
its not too hard, its just a matter of if your willing to put in the time and do you know how to do hammer ons and pull offs? (im still amazed by people who dont know those that have been playing for more than 4 months)
Haha, I can do Hammer on and pull off's on and I've been playing >2weeks. But I haven't tried Fade to Black yet.. Fight Fire With Fire isn't too hard, although I'm not through the opening yet...
Last edited by VoRzCeNt at Feb 10, 2007,
i've been playing since like christmas and i started playing fade to black solo today i got some of it its just the fast part when i play doesnt sound right
^ Yeah, me too. The only tough part about it is the quick arpeggio at about 31 seconds into the song. Definitely give this a shot, it's good practice, and a great song.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Not a hugely hard solo but one that takes practice to sound right. its all too easy to play it slightly wrong and it will sound like ass.
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
Not too hard.

Practice the aforementioned arpeggio, though. It's the hardest part to get down right.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
Yea...it's not technically demanding but it's one of those solos where everyone KNOWS it so if you mess up anywhere they'll be able to tell. It's one of those solo's you can sing
It took me 2 weeks maybe for memorizing the pattern and finger positioning, but to play it right or sound decent, 2 years of practice (since i bought the electric guitar).
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS