Recently I'm more and more interested into this guitar. It looks awesome and has SD pups on it, but I'm wondering how it plays. I currently own an RG1570 but I'm thinking of replacing it with this one. I really like the way the Ibanez plays, but I can't stand the middle pickup would like a guitar with a little more "pronounced" wood.

I don't know anything about Jackson's so if someone can step in and say how this guitar plays... I'm looking at the dimensions of the neck of both guitars but can't really make anything of it. If someone can "translate" this to me:

RG1570:
WIZARD Neck Dimensions
Scale Length: 648mm/25.5"
Width At Nut: 43mm
Width At Last Fret: 56mm
Thickness At 1st Fret: 18mm
Thickness At 12th Fret: 20mm
Radius: 430

DK2M:
Neck Dimensions 1st Fret: .735”, 12th Fret: .810”
Fingerboard Maple with Compound 14” to 16” Radius
Scale Length 25.5” (648mm)
Width at Nut 1-11/16” (43mm)

I really like the Wizard neck, so how does the neck on the DK2M compare to the Wizard? Also another thing I'm worried about is the neck heel. If you played a prestige you know how they have the heel worked out so you have more space for your left hand, while the Jackson has that standard bolt on style with the neck plate. I had an Ibanez with that sort of neck and hated it. How does that work out on the DK2M?

Also I heard about the Floyd Rose which is not really a problem for me, because I don't use it that much or I'll eventually replace it with an OFR.

They don't have it anywhere near me to try it out so I'm trying to get as much info as possible before driving far away. Also, I play mostly metal, "shred" kind of thing.
get it i hve a js1 as my second guiitar and its awesome. jacksons r good caus u can upgrade the electronics to somethin rele good wood and nice finishes.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join