Recently I've found myself wanting to add some Keyboard/Synth into our band's line-up.

The type of sounds I was looking for would be effects/sounds of those found in the band Kill Hannah. (http://www.myspace.com/killhannah) Can someone give me the basics on which to get a synth sound, I'm thinking it may be a tad expensive...

Would I get this through computer generated effects through a keyboard? Or would I do it all through the computer? Or perhaps with a keyboard and some effects?

I'm a bit clueless. ^_^
All your sounds will be done through a synthesizer. Don't think a synthesizer is a keyboard. The synthesizer is just the device or program that generates the vibrations. You could use a software synthesizer on your computer and hook up a usb midi controller (keyboard), or pay for a hardware synth that comes with a keyboard attached, all in one piece.

I say you should just buy a cheap ($50) midi controller, and then download some free synth programs. I don't know of any for windows, but theres quite a few for linux.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
All your sounds will be done through a synthesizer. Don't think a synthesizer is a keyboard. The synthesizer is just the device or program that generates the vibrations. You could use a software synthesizer on your computer and hook up a usb midi controller (keyboard), or pay for a hardware synth that comes with a keyboard attached, all in one piece.

I say you should just buy a cheap ($50) midi controller, and then download some free synth programs. I don't know of any for windows, but theres quite a few for linux.

Thank You. Thank You so very very much.