23 46%
Gamera, Guardian of the Universe
6 12%
It would be a draw
2 4%
The Japanese would kill them both
19 38%
Voters: 50.
Ok, so who do you think would win in a battle between these two Tokyo-Trashers? I'll attempt to fill in those who are unfamilar with the monsters.

I'm willing to bet that most of you know Godzilla. If you only know him from the American movie by the same name...that's not the Godzilla I'm talking about. I'm referring to the Japanese incarnation. Godzilla's size has fluxuated throughout the years, but his powers have virtually remained the same: He relies on brute strength, claws, tail, and a devastating Atomic Blast from his mouth. Plus, he has the ability to regenerate if only a small bit is left of him. He is capable of fighting on land or in the water. For the purposes of this grudge match, we'll say that Godzilla and Gamera are the same size.

For those who don't know, Gamera is another large monster, but rather than a nuclearly mutated dinosaur, he is a genetically engineered turtle with the ability to swim, walk on two legs, and even fly. Gamera has two modes of flight: his legs can retract into his shell and two jets propel him through the air, fighter jet style. He can also pull completely into his shell and use four jets to fly faster while spinning UFO style. He uses brute strength, claws, and fireballs from his mouth (which he can fire in bursts). If despirate, Gamera can summon the Earth's mana and fire an amazingly destructive energy blast from his stomach. Unlike Godzilla, Gamera cannot regernerate and requires more time to heal.

Although I'd prefer to see these two titans fight side by side, a match between them would favor Gamera, IMO. Godzilla is powerful and can withstand an amazing beating, but he can't fly. Gamera's ability to fly and fire Fireballs simultaniously allows him to be able to do flybys. And if he can get Godzilla into submission, he can use the Mana Blast to finish him for good, as Legion was completely destroyed by it in the movie and it could most likely incinerate Godzilla completely.

But, what do you all think? Who would win and why? How?

I know I'm a geek...but I don't care.
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

http://aurora.dmusic.com
You forgot to mention that Godzilla has the 3 kilometer tail-balancing dropkick, which pretty much puts him on top in a fight. Don't forget that he's friends with Jet Jaguar.

Then again, Gamera is friend to all children...

Hmm...

Gamera is really neat, Gamera is full of meat, we believe in Gamera!
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
I'd like to thank Hyootah for posting in this thread and contributing immensely.

And yes, that dropkick may have some role in deciding, you may use it if you wish. Also, I'd like to limit the use of allies. Just 1 v 1 this time. Plus, great MST3K reference.
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

Probably Gamera even though I like Godzilla better.

"When seriously or gravely injured, Gamera can enter a coma-like state in order to heal." Wikipedia
It would be a draw because Chuck Norris would spin kick Godzilla in his chest which would collapse his lungs and suffacte him

Gamera would sense the danger and fly away only to be destroyed by a Chuck Norris spirit bomb
On the Subject of Hitlers resemblance to Emos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphin
No. Emos can't grow facial hair, not to mention their inability to invade Poland
Quote by Metal_Man666
It would be a draw because Chuck Norris would spin kick Godzilla in his chest which would collapse his lungs and suffacte him

Gamera would sense the danger and fly away only to be destroyed by a Chuck Norris spirit bomb

LOL, nice. I should have added that option. Spirit bomb...haha.

manbearpig
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Gigan, Mothra and Rodan would team up and kick both of their asses.

Godzilla + Gamera > Gigan, Mothra, and Rodan
The Chimaera would come along and say to Gamera;

"Yo bitch! Don'tchu be picking on ma bow tie!"

Which translates as; "You gonne die, you half-name stealing son of a Gamero"

Then he would kick his ass. Nice, eh?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

If it's Gamera from "Gamera 3"... he might have a shot against Godzilla.
But whoever voted the Japanese would kill them are obviously kaiju noobs.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Forgive me for being a dumbass but didn't Godzilla get killed by that one dude , um Destroyah or something like that.....

wow how do i know that..wtf
both are japanese creations and since the japanese are kinda perverted both would probably end up fapping to some animal hentai movie, giving the japanese the chance to kill 'em both
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Godzilla technically died a few times. But it's split between different generations of films.
On the end of the film Godzilla Vs. Destroyah, Godzilla Jr. turns mature at the end by the radiation.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Godzilla. He has those cool glowy spikey things on his back.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Godzilla, there's no way Gamera could ever recover from a blast of radiation, unless he plans to be in a coma for a few thousand years.