Page 1 of 2
Does anybody think about death in general. Its a pretty crazy concept. The fact that this machine that is a body just stops and moves on. But where does it go? This isn't intended to become a theological discussion, but just general thoughts on the end.
I think there was a thread like this a while back.....
Quote by Sagdiyev
This man's an anal masturbator, he knows what he's talking about.
Your body goes to a grave, duh. I dunno where your soul goes, people just believe different things. Like reincarnation, or heaven and hell...

I think it'd be pretty cool if like once you're dead, you could roam the earth as your soul, and could see living people, and like interact with all the other dead souls.
read the bible
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
even thought im a catholic,

reincarnation would be pretty bad ass...

gotta admit
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
Quote by ih8u2
Yeah, it is quite odd. It's really hard to get the concept of not being able to think anymore. I can't imagine myself without a brain, really.

No one can. That's why the majority of the people that consider themselves Christians...well...consider themselves Christians. They use religion as a scapegoat for having to think. And they use it to ease their minds about the end. I, myself, am a Christian that believes in Heaven and Hell.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Twist of fate
YOu go to a beautiful place called heaven......Hahah just kidding you just rot in the ground

You may just be on my list before long. Not that it probably matters to you

I believe that I will be chased by pimps, through an ice cream factory for the rest of eternity.
Quote by Twist of fate
YOu go to a beautiful place called heaven......Hahah just kidding you just rot in the ground

thats off family guy. STOP STEALING JOKES OFF THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD AND TAKING CREDIT FOR IT.
I forgot I was in the Pit, and thought this thread was about the band when I saw the title.

I don't think about death much, mostly because I don't really care. If it happens, it happens.
Its pretty intensive stuff when you die. But what happens to the soul is another thing, different religions and practices all preach different things, though some do overlap. Theres stuff from heaven and hell to going to an alien planet to be brainwashed then returned to earth.... Yah, Just be happy your alive..
I was thinking... If we found a way to shut off peoples brains completely temprarily, while keeping the rest of their body artificially functioning, and then were able to bring their brain back to normal function, they would be able to share what they experienced. What they experienced would be very similar if not identical to death. We do not know exactly what that is, and chances are they will probably just come out of it not remembering anything, as if put under an anasthetic, but you never know.

A good question for death is not what happens to your brain, we all know what happens, but what happens to your consciousness. There are a lot of things that affect your consciousness, but take this for example: An exact clone (completely identical) is made right next to you. If their brain is completely identical to yours, are you conscious inside them too, having control over 2 bodies, or are they an identical person but not controlled by your consciousness. We know that some identical twins can sense things about each other that most of us will never be able to understand, perhaps having a very similar wiring to someone else will allow you to control a little of them too? So in the identical clone of you scenario, you would be conscious and in control of 2 bodies at once. This in a way supports the theory of reincarnation, that if you die, you will regain consciousness as soon as the structure of your mind is almost the same as a newborn childs. While this theory does have a lot of holes, such as the changing of brain structure over age, but retaining the same consciousness, maybe we have a part of the brain that regulates consciousness that doesn't change, and we can regain consciousness in a brain that has an incredibly similar structure.

Either way, consciousness is a fascinating thing.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
I think about being shot (like in a war or something) all the time actually.

Like say you're shot in the general chest area, and you go down. How long does it take you to die?

I can't grasp the concept that you just sort of... Give up on life. I know that sounds like a Superman Complex, but it's weird. Yeah, I understand if your brain is blown all over a wall that you won't be living, but the war thing gets to me. I can't imagine getting shot, going down, and just staying there.

It's not even dying from bloodloss, it's just as I've said before twice now, you get shot and go down.

I don't know, I don't think I've had enough experience with life-threatening or close to that situations. A few weeks ago I felt this intense flash of pain in a few parts of my chest, like a constricting sort of feeling, but that was it, just a flash. It hurt, and it was gone, never happened before that, never happened again. It felt so weird though, like I wanted to just pass out for that split second, and it hurt like Hell. I'll assume because my mother had some weird things with her heart, that I will too eventually (if not now). It makes me curious though, how much pain can one person endure before they die? If I'm laying there on the battlefield, how long do I have left before I can't open my eyes anymore?

Ugh, death is one of the biggest Pandora's Boxes for conversation, as you can see even by my post alone. Continue discussing.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
im gonna be reincarnated as a guitar pick! w9... nvm that would hurt lol
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
dammit ..........i thought this was a thread about the band!

anyway i believe you get reincarnated as something else. ever heard of "seth" ? read some of his stuff. its very enlightening.
Quote by pimpslap1236
ever heard of "seth" ?

The Bassist from my band...?

I don't believe there's anything after death.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by pimpslap1236
ya you bet.

Well, he is a pretty good Bassist, but he listens to his mother far too much, so I'd probably not listen to his views on death.

Nothing is forever. Unless you believe in Reincarnation.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
Nothing is forever. Unless you believe in Reincarnation.

But that brings up the question of: What if you are reincarnated as a being that doesn't believe in Reincarnation?

You're basically boned then, right?

Quote by myself101
read the bible

+1
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Is death really the end. or is there somethign more. does believing it make something more happen? or is it just the end and the physical being that was you is gone.
Curses, I wanted this thread to pwn.

what if it's nothing. like gone. no figgin anything!
Life is all about the ass, Saving it, Kicking it, and Getting it!
Quote by natev11
what if it's nothing. like gone. no figgin anything!

That, in a nutshell, is Atheism.

Quote by doomnight
Your body goes to a grave, duh. I dunno where your soul goes, people just believe different things. Like reincarnation, or heaven and hell...

I think it'd be pretty cool if like once you're dead, you could roam the earth as your soul, and could see living people, and like interact with all the other dead souls.

That would be AWESOME.
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Quote by Kylster
That, in a nutshell, is Atheism.

since you put it that way.....erm. i am sorry. i wasn't suggesting i was an athiest i have my faith. it was just an open minded question. like a "what if" for shit and giggles u know. wanted to see what ppl would say
No, I finally got it!

After you die, you go to at least one of two places. No, not Heaven or Hell.

You go to either YouTube or The Discovery Channel! You get to be those mysterious figures opening doors, slamming cabinets, ruining good Beatles songs by pig squealing and yelling "Get out!", etc.

Great, I just solved Death.

I find it amazing that the matter you're made of was formed in stars. I also find it amazing that soil is formed from the breakdown of rocks, and plants obtain their nutrients from the soil, and we then eat the plants to obtain those nutrients, which then form part of our body and become concious and can feel emotion. Look at your hands and think that at one time those atoms were in stars and rocks, but simply arranging them in a particular way allows them to feel and be self-aware. Fucking incredible. I've read that the atoms in your body are changed over a period of about 9 years, so if you're older than 9 now, your body isn't even made of the same stuff as when you were born.

I don't believe in the existance of a soul. When I die, it'll be how things were before my mind was formed; not even a sleep-like state, just nothingness.
Last edited by Robbie n strat at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by Kylster
No, I finally got it!

After you die, you go to at least one of two places. No, not Heaven or Hell.

You go to either YouTube or The Discovery Channel! You get to be those mysterious figures opening doors, slamming cabinets, ruining good Beatles songs by pig squealing and yelling "Get out!", etc.

Great, I just solved Death.

LMFAO
well man, i took lsd for the first time in my life last night and i must say, my ideas on death and life have totally changed. life is infinite, we (every living molecule) are just one large pulsating form of energy. At our simplest forms, thats all we are energy. Physical death shouldnt be feard for it is just transendence from the human body
Page 1 of 2