I am an experienced guitarist but this has just been puzzling me. Why on ebay and other places do people always say "my guitar has a low action" or " buy this guitar cus the action is low".... It makes absolutely no sense, I setup guitars right.... With the turn of a screw you can make any guitar have as low of an action as you want. Its not like a guitar has unchangable action... wtf???
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Dude I think the same thing! I've seen people pass up buying great guitars because of the action. And I've seen guitars get bad reviews because it didn't come with the action the reviewer preferred.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
exactly^^^ I doesn't make any sense...

The only thing I can think of is mybe the neck and body are good, so the action can be set lower than other guitars without fretting out as quick.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Last edited by Devon8822 at Feb 11, 2007,
hahahaha action isn't hard to change....AT ALL...if you want it low make it low if you want it high..make it high you lazy bastards.
thye reason people say that on ebay is because those people dont play guitar and they think that that is a huge factor for someone buying a guitar, like those are the people who buy guitars and just sell them not play them,once on ebay this guy was selling a guitar and it was an ibanez with hsh config. and he said it had 5 pups because he thought the hum's were 2 pups each(which i no they are but there wound together so technically there kinda not) and people were sittin there like wow thats awesome it was so funny
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
It's amazing how stupid people are man, how can you price and sell things you have no idea about or any idea of how they work and such?
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Higher end guitars tend to have smoother, more level frets and therefore can be setup for lower action.

Lower action makes it easier to play (faster) because you don't have to push the string down as far to fret the note.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yea, but you can make a setup on any guitar to make it play nice. also, i've seen a lot of guitars in stores with amazingly low action, but when you try to play it, it buzzes too much.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
like said. on ebay, they say that because they dont understand how guitars work.

but in life it's pretty good if u can find a nice playing, low action guitar bacause u know the guitar's fret's limits.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011