Page 1 of 2
Hello all

I jsut went and saw pan's labyrinth.

i can honeslty say it was the greatest movie I've seen in a long time.

there were so many layers interwoven into the movie, I'm still thinking about everything that happened.

So who else saw the movie and was absolutely taken away?
I haven't seen it yet. But, I wanna see it so freaking badly.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i dno man, it wasnt what i expected, i was hopin it would be the girl trying to get into through the labyrinth to get something, although, i liked the guy with eyes on his hands, that was so kool. i can not believe she was dumb enough to eat the grape after being told not to lol!!!
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
That movie seems really cool and I wanted to check it out, now I think I should.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
this has the POTENTIAL to be a very good movie. personally i did not think it was amazing. but i can understand why many ppl would think ti truly was really good. i LIKED it but i didnt think it was worth all the awards its nominated for
i thought it looked bad from the previews.

and please, dont spoil the story because i think ill end up renting it
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
I saw it today and thought it was great, very violent but excellent. It was so violent it somewhat reminded me of the original Grimm's fairy tales.

I don't think people will be disappointed if they go to it... And quite honestly what else is there to go to Norbit?
I really want to see it, but some of my lady friends are squeemish and think it will be too bloody, can someone tell me what the goriest thing in the movie was without spoiling it?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Yeah, personally I thought they advertised the movie badly, they made the movie seem like a hapyp go lucky disney movie with a dark background. And they never said it was in spanish either.

But I loved it, The way there was so much room for interpretation was awesome. It really reminded me of a brothers grimm tale with depression. The way they showed brutality through reality and fantasy in 2 different worlds was amazing.
Quote by clincher09
I really want to see it, but some of my lady friends are squeemish and think it will be too bloody, can someone tell me what the goriest thing in the movie was without spoiling it?

the captain gets the side of his mouth cut open, and someones face gets brutally smashed in by getting smacked with a beer bottle numerous times.
It was very good.

I was expecting more mystic, magical, mythological stuff. But what was there was good too. I liked seeing the two worlds collide. I don't think it was the most amazing thing in the world. But I really enjoyed it for what it was. It was a good modern fairytale told right.
Quote by clincher09
The fag-hag that I went with got really squeemish when this guy had to sew his cheeks together, and when some people got shot. A lot of people get shot though, so you get used to it.
I thought it was excellent, yes there was room for more fantasy but it worked really well. It was much more violent than i had expected, the part at the beggining where that guy gets his face smashed in was quite graphic.
Wow...way to revive a 2 month old thread. But yeah, I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
Hi, I'm Peter
I thought it was a really good, creative film. Some wierd, freaky bits but overall one of my favourites.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
I didnt like the end, i thought the film was beautifully directed, a fantastically portrayed story, the ending just seemed a bit...cheap.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I like the movie alot, I tought that the previews was not very representative to the movye tough.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
bringing it back now that the dvd is out, i just rented this movie tonight (its been out at blockbuster several other times) i thought it was really good, but it took my dad like 30 minutes to figure out how to put subtitles on lol.

the guy with eyes on his hands was freaky.

do you think they'll make a part 2 with the brother of ofelia?
No, as it wouldnt make sense. This film is magic realism, so both the historical context and the fantastical elements are crucial to the central theme of the film. In this case the little girl's journey can be seen as a parallel to the people of Spain as they suffered through and finally escaped from Franco's fascist regime.

However you see it though, you need all the elements, and the brother is neither here nor there as far as the plot and its significance is concerned.
I really didn't like it. It was pretty depressing at the end to say the least.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I actually rented it a couple nights ago and watched it for the first time. I was pretty taken aback. Immediately after watching it, I thought it was enjoyable, but after having a couple days to reflect, I think it was fantastic. Completely unexpected, and very original. I also loved the way the film was shot, with the shots of the camp and the fighting in very dull, bland colors, and the fairytale world in such bright, vibrant colors, a very aesthetically pleasing contrast.
Quote by bajeda
No, as it wouldnt make sense. This film is magic realism, so both the historical context and the fantastical elements are crucial to the central theme of the film. In this case the little girl's journey can be seen as a parallel to the people of Spain as they suffered through and finally escaped from Franco's fascist regime.

However you see it though, you need all the elements, and the brother is neither here nor there as far as the plot and its significance is concerned.

I suppose you are right.

That's what i get for mindlessly watching a movie lol
I saw it in theaters and i thought it rocked. The guy with eyes on his hands scared the crap outta me... then I saw it with friends and we just made fun of it ...funny how friends can make anything seem hilarious.

Did you guys think the whole magic thing actually happened or she just mad eup her own fantasy to escape her crappy life at the fort? Thats the first thing I thought of when i saw the movie.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
it was real cause how did she escape her room at the end when the door was locked and guarded? She used the chalk to get out.
Also, when the mom threw the baby plant thing in the fire it was screaming and the mother had a sudden coming of sickness again or whatever
Saw it in my college's (free) movie theatre... it was great... when captain whatshisface got his face ripped open the whole crowd cheered .

On another note, I loved the folky spanish lullaby theme song.
I thought it was a bit lame. It looked alright, but the story bored me
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Koolcow
bringing it back now that the dvd is out, i just rented this movie tonight (its been out at blockbuster several other times) i thought it was really good, but it took my dad like 30 minutes to figure out how to put subtitles on lol.

the guy with eyes on his hands was freaky.

do you think they'll make a part 2 with the brother of ofelia?

This movie was actually meant to be a bit of a sequel. In the earlier part of the decade, Del Toro did a movie called "The Devil's Backbone," which is very similar in theme to Pan's Labyrinth - it's about a young boy who, at the beginning of the Spanish civil war, goes to live in an orphanage and starts to see ghosts. Del Toro really likes to use the idea of childhood innocence against the brutality of war. Also, if you can stand his heavily accented voice, Pan's is interesting to watch with the director commentary.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's a good film. I liked the Devil's Backbone too and Cronos.

Note: The Faun is not Pan it was a translation thing. Del Toro was apparently displeased by the english title and has since explained that the Faun was not Pan.
Half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard.
it was brilliant
the end was very bittersweet though
very escapist

it was made all the better because i had background on the spanish civil war + franco
I was lucky enough to see it in the cinema. It was excellent, to say the least. Very violent, but that just added to the film.
I didnt like the ending at all, i thought the film was absolutely beautiful, very well made with a great story and then it got to the end and i was just "what have you done!" it came across as a very cheap rushed ending...uh oh **** guys running out of time and money how do we close this one up...
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
That was an amazing film, lol, its easily one of the best foreign language films ive ever seen. Beautiful storyline.
Jokes.
Ah I saw the start of it, upto just after the part where those rabbit hunters get killed and I would really have liked to watch it all but couldn't as I had to go.

Really really good film.
It's awesome, but it confused me a little hehe. But yeah I liked it. Strange film. But good film.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Page 1 of 2