Page 1 of 2
bands that use to rock, but now suck

remember that band that use to blow your mind and no1 could compair to them? but now u look back into their new music and its just terrible, sloppy, and repeatitive?? well this is the place to get it all out

bands that let them self suck (off the top of my head)

Trivium
Metallica
AFI
Misey Signals (do they even make music anymore?)

again, these are off the top of my head lol post some of the bands u knowticed that suck now
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
Metallica and AFI, most definitely.

Also:

Incubus

They used to be great, now they're rather annoying...

The Offpsring

Americana was pathetic.

The Deftones

What happened to the raw passion and intensity of their first three albums? They've now become so boring and predictable.

System of a Down

Remember when SoaD used to make quality songs like Suite Pee, Soil, PLUCK, Forest, Aerials, Highway Song, and Mr. Jack? What happened?

Weezer

Ugh. Comparing the first two albums to Make Believe makes me want to puke.
Last edited by yawn at Feb 11, 2007,
metallica have to be the worst culprit for that. everything went downhill after the black album. green day as well after american idiot. it seems a lot of bands music changes style once they hit it big. mind you its not realy a surprise, if you were in their situation where your getting offered shit loads of cash to make the music your label wants you to its hard to remeber why you got into the business.
my rig:
gibson les paul standard vintage sunburst with burstbucker pro pickups
marshall avt 150h and 412a cab
dunlop crybaby wah
boss dd-3 digital delay
I think the foo fighters got a little boring, all their songs kinda sound the same now
Metallica
Black Sabbath (the last 2 albums, that's right you've never heard them)
Motley Crue (Red White & Crue Disc 2)
What's left of Guns n Roses
Iron Maiden (a little)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by thecunningrunts
Green day.
Were awesomely good...but...a.i really put me down.
*giggle*
yeah i TOTALLY agree with the system of a down, theyre new album is like listining to sh!t being spewed out of a fat mans butt while hes walking down stairs and than he slips and starts singing for some odd reason... w8 wtf lol!
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
i'll add Slayer to the list. havent had a worthwhile release in over 15 years
Quote by Siftings
I think the foo fighters got a little boring, all their songs kinda sound the same now

indeed

foos definitely got poor...used to be one of my favs but i honestly just don't like their new stuff. Actually I'd rather hear Prince do Best of You before the foos. Sorry.

Pearl Jam has to be one of the guiltiest bands when it comes to just making shit after having so many classic songs. Since Ten I have probably only liked about five of their songs.

totally agree with the green day comment. What were they thinking with Warning and American Idiot?
I'd say Limp Bizkit and Korn... they used to be really hot but now theres no progress from either band.
Quote by anonymous564
Trivium

Trivium always blew imo.

In Flames, even though I like some of it, they really went downhill after Clayman.
Weezer. I just loved everything from the debut to the Green Album, but their "Maladroit" and "Make Believe" albums just ****ing suck. It's such a waste IMO.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Weezer. I just loved everything from the debut to the Green Album, but their "Maladroit" and "Make Believe" albums just ****ing suck. It's such a waste IMO.
F*ck you! Maladroit is miles better than either the Green Album or Make Believe.

The chorus in Take Control, the pop-genius of Keep Fishin, the beautiful guitar work of Death & Destruction, the freshness of Burdnt Jam, the gruffness of Slob, the rockiness of Fall Together. How could you not love it?

The Green Album, on the other hand, has got to be the most bland album I've ever heard. Aside from Hashpipe and Island in the Sun, ALL the songs are midtempo pop-rockers with forgettable melodies and predictable choruses.
Quote by yawn
F*ck you! Maladroit is miles better than either the Green Album or Make Believe.

The chorus in Take Control, the pop-genius of Keep Fishin, the beautiful guitar work of Death & Destruction, the freshness of Burdnt Jam, the gruffness of Slob, the rockiness of Fall Together. How could you not love it?

The Green Album, on the other hand, has got to be the most bland album I've ever heard. Aside from Hashpipe and Island in the Sun, ALL the songs are midtempo pop-rockers with forgettable melodies and predictable choruses.

Actually, now that you mention it, their debut was the only thing I ever cared for. I loved the music video for "Keep Fishin'" though. It's brudily a catchy song. Probably one of few I like on Maladroit.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Actually, now that you mention it, their debut was the only thing I ever cared for. I loved the music video for "Keep Fishin'" though. It's brudily a catchy song. Probably one of few I like on Maladroit.
...you don't love Pinkerton?

Quick! Hide from the diehard Weezer fans!
Korn
Slayer

Incubus are still good

Weezer will most likely break up anyway.

Same thing with SOAD

and Trivium were always a terrible, terrible band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by yawn
...you don't love Pinkerton?

Quick! Hide from the diehard Weezer fans!

Oh damn, I totally forgot about Pinkerton. *hides under a table*
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Oh damn, I totally forgot about Pinkerton. *hides under a table*
Forgot about it?! That's even worse than remembering it and not liking it! How do you forget Pinkerton as one of Weezer's albums?!

*lends DownInAHole an extra table to hide under*
Quote by yawn
Forgot about it?! That's even worse than remembering it and not liking it! How do you forget Pinkerton as one of Weezer's albums?!

*lends DownInAHole an extra table to hide under*

*hangs head in shame*
LOL
Weezer
Metallica
Green Day
The Misfits
AFI
Blink 182 towards the end
I guess I can agree with the Foo Fighters
Papa Roach
Social Distortion
Red Hot Chili Peppers have changed a lot recently and I'm not entirely sure if I like the new stuff that much

thats all i can think of for now
Quote by anonymous564
yeah i TOTALLY agree with the system of a down, theyre new album is like listining to sh!t being spewed out of a fat mans butt while hes walking down stairs and than he slips and starts singing for some odd reason... w8 wtf lol!

****ing lies! LIES I TELL YOU! SoaD still rocks and their new shit is so much fun to play.
Free your mind
Quote by zer0monkey
Red Hot Chili Peppers have changed a lot recently and I'm not entirely sure if I like the new stuff that much

They didn't let themselves go though. Their record sales are as good as ever.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
They didn't let themselves go though. Their record sales are as good as ever.

that doesn't mean they are still good
they have certainly changed quite a bit
Listen to a song like "Snow" and then go back to a time like "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes"
both are great songs, I'm not saying they are horrible now
but you cannot say they have not changed based on record sales
If anything, their record sales have probably gone up over the past few years because the music they make appeals to a larger body of people than before
Quote by zer0monkey
that doesn't mean they are still good
they have certainly changed quite a bit
Listen to a song like "Snow" and then go back to a time like "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes"
both are great songs, I'm not saying they are horrible now
but you cannot say they have not changed based on record sales
If anything, their record sales have probably gone up over the past few years because the music they make appeals to a larger body of people than before

Yes it does. The Chili Peppers sell out every show they play, it's almost impossible for one of their albums not to reach platinum status, they keep making records, they respect their fans, and they rock. In what way have they "let themselves go?" Just because they don't play sloppy, underproduced punk-funk doesn't mean they have let themselves go. Although it doesnt' matter to me because I'm a fan of anything by them.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Yes it does. The Chili Peppers sell out every show they play, it's almost impossible for one of their albums not to reach platinum status, they keep making records, they respect their fans, and they rock. In what way have they "let themselves go?" Just because they don't play sloppy, underproduced punk-funk doesn't mean they have let themselves go. Although it doesnt' matter to me because I'm a fan of anything by them.

well then i suppose thats the difference
maybe I was a bigger fan of that "sloppy" punk-funk than I am the newer stuff
its a matter of opinion
not ticket and record sales
Quote by zer0monkey
well then i suppose thats the difference
maybe I was a bigger fan of that "sloppy" punk-funk than I am the newer stuff
its a matter of opinion
not ticket and record sales

Yes RHCP would be matter of opinion. But, you're right about Green Day. They have "let themselves go." I don't think they've made a decent record since "Nimrod" which was around 1997-ish. Then came "American Idiot" in 2004 and boom, everyone but emo chicks hate them. As a matter of fact, since I joined this site, I don't think I've ever seen anything positive about GD posted. Hmmmm.
LOL
Green Day killed themselves. The Rolling Stones are still good they have a new album or something like that right? I don't pay much attention. I'd say Guns 'n' Roses is screwed without Slash. Chili Peppers have to get back to the Hard Rock 90's stuff.
Quote by aznwarlord
Chili Peppers have to get back to the Hard Rock 90's stuff.

There's a problem, it's not the 90s.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Yes RHCP would be matter of opinion. But, you're right about Green Day. They have "let themselves go." I don't think they've made a decent record since "Nimrod" which was around 1997-ish. Then came "American Idiot" in 2004 and boom, everyone but emo chicks hate them. As a matter of fact, since I joined this site, I don't think I've ever seen anything positive about GD posted. Hmmmm.

haha well at least theres one thing just about everyone can agree on in here
Would someone please explain to me how Green Day has killed themselves and/or let themselves go?

I'd appreciate any responses. Thanks.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
Well, most of those people are asses who in no way expressed their opinions or thoughts on the matter. I'm looking for an actual answer. Thanks anyway.
And I love feelin' cheap
I personally think American Idiot and Warning are their best albums
Quote by zer0monkey
because green day was ALOT different back when they were making good Punkish music

Exactamundo.
LOL
A change in sound constitutes as letting yourself go? You're telling me you would want them to be producing the same exact kind of music as they did seventeen years ago? That, to you, would mean that they are a great band, not a band that has a limited amount of talent and no creativity whatsoever that they can't even branch out and attempt something different?

If you don't like their new music, that's fine. It's probably just not your kind of music, 1039 SOSH is way different than American Idiot, I can understand, but just because it doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean that they have let themselves go. If anything, I think they have vastly improved from Dookie. Of course, that's just my opinion.
And I love feelin' cheap
Page 1 of 2