just when i thought i had found the perfect MIM strat for me, eg alder body, possibly better than deluxe players/highway1 pups and some nice finishes...

and from looking around more more sites list it as poplar!!!!

argh does anyone know what wood it is? i'm iffy about poplar.... argh the pain:<

the fender.com says its alder, while everywhere else says its poplar? or that just old specs on the sites?

someone please help... or reccomend something better for the same price..

it says the powerhouse is alder on the pricelist and the fender.com site... whereas the australian site and some review sites i was using musicanfriend or whatever say its poplar :<
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Last edited by rockstar_jones at Feb 11, 2007,
it is alder the sites listed it rong they do that alot
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
ok ya sure? i just dont want to end up with shit wood in the long run, for when the day comes i have more money to go nuts on some sweet pickups....
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
well fender really only uses alder and if it says it on there site then it is alder
and also if it was poplar thats not a bad wood it is actually pretty good
but again yea its alder
my gear:
gibson sg standard
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
ok thanks, its jsut the aussie fender site said poplar and the american said alder.

I found on some site the tonal properties and specs of woods and it had alder and poplar ranked as the middle of the scale for tone, like not to warm not to bright.

So i'll take ya word thanks heaps....

hopefully this guitars good.. once i get it lol.

I wanted an alder strat with a nice neck and finish, and it seems to have better pickups to me than the h1 and the deluxe players.

cheers mate
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
yea that guitar is NICE ive played one in guitar center and it is an alder i could tell from the feel and it sounds nice the pups are nice it is better then the h1
my gear:
gibson sg standard
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
awesome mate! thanks heaps.

i was on the path to probably getting a 2nd hand MIA strat... but it was pretty bashed up and the same pricetag to by this or the deluxe...

and the 2nd hand one hand a rosewood board which i dislike personally... my iceman seems to grow stuff on the rosewood neck without me even touching it... and it holds to much grime... and my maple neck plays better..

yeah thanks mate, i'm gonna get my 'good' store to order to of these in in metalic caramel so i can pic the better one incase there are any flaws.

cheers!
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
haha yea i love maple fretboards to there so easy to bend on and rosewood has to big of gaps in it

yea this guitar will be better then buyin a used one for the same price
and the mid boost is awesome it gives a pretty nice kick
well good luck with the guitar hope u like it
my gear:
gibson sg standard
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1