Right now I'm really cracking down on getting my guitar solos happening properly. Those of you who follow my work know that I put 95% of my time in the riffs, and put barely any thought into the solos at all, but I'm going back over all those songs now and putting down some proper ideas. Here's one for a completely new song I'm working on... which you guys will get to hear shortly.

Dying Eyes - Guitar Solo (and sneak peak riff)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i0LblAtdBzs

Also, if you like my stuff, add me on myspace:
www.myspace.com/juzcook

Anyway, let's hear your thoughts as a listener. Cheers!
The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Bah!
It'd probably be a good idea to wait until your videos are processed before you post them on UG.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by The Casualty
The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Bah!

argh! it was working a few moments ago, check back in about half an hour and youtube will have sorted itself out
the vid can be viewed...

great one..but sounds forced...well,maybe when you work on it you'll get a more flowy solo! =D
Just seen it, and I agree with the dude above. It seems very forced, other than that I liked it, though it would be nice if it was a bit longer.
Okey, it's working now.

It's not bad, but it just seems kind of repetitive. It's fundamentally the same pattern just moved around a little, I would have liked to have seen some climatic runs and a few bends in there.

Also, why do you insist on doing that stupid, cliché rock symbol with your fingers? Honestly, it's really not cool, it's not original and it's hard to take you seriously when you do that. Eurgh, it really irks me.

Anyway, the piece has potential, I just think you need to mix it up a bit.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Well I have to be honest with you buddy, this isn't up to par with the rest of your stuff. It's good, it just doesn't have that spark, that original flavor that kicks you right in the balls that your other songs have.

It needs work, but pretty good nontheless.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

cheers guys, ive been sitting ehre working on some other ideas to throw into there to mix it up a bit, adding some more finger work to spice it up a bit... i MAY post a new video, but i also might just keep going until the song is finished and post the finished product :P ill see how it all feels down the track
It's alright. A couple of things I would do:
- More vibrato for a metal song. You held some notes for w while, but without some serious metal vibrato, they seem to tail out and sound out of tune cos of changing amounts of pressure on the fret.
- Make it sound like it is leading you somewhere. A good example is the solo from The Thing That Should Not Be, this takes you on a sort of 'journey' kinda thing, where you experience the elements of the song through the solo. The solo should open up the heart of the music, not sound forced and show-offy.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I really like this one, Juz. As usual, you make it fit.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
More vibrato, sounded like you were moving from phrase to phrase in turn, much like a machine may poke the caps on several bottles, wait till more are under it, and than repeat.
It was alright, I liked your note choice, a bit sloppy, very forced, and sounded a bit amatuer, but it was good.
Just polish it.
The riffs under it, however, sounded great, if a little cliche.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524391
crit for crit?
Dude that was awesome... and also I loved your redneck cover. Thats freakin great! Settings on Pod/Amp? Id love to get that tone.