this might have been mentioned, sorry if it has but i heard that today at Harrods (in london if u didnt know) there will be a competition of how many people can play smoke on the water together, how cool does that sound?
Quote by Aidy Damage
I'd rip off and burn my ears if I had to hear that.

lmao..
i second that..
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by philipisabeast
haha isnt it like 2000 guitarists all plugged in?
jeez...
hell incarnate

yeah i think guiness book of records so its gonna be something ridiculous like that
I like on the made in japan record from deep purple..... Ritchie starts playing the riff, the crowd goes nuts, then he stops and starts playing the riff exactly backwards..... Preety much sums up Ritchie Blackmore i think, as soon as everyone expected him to do something he would do the opersite...
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
I know I've already given my two cents (pence?) to this thread, but my band are supporting a band who are in next year's guiness book of records. They're called Buck Brothers and they're in there for playing 30 gigs in 12 hours. They're also really well known and have been nominated for a few music awards. Gonna be a tough crowd, but it's gonna be ace supporting a band like that!
Yeah... I'm gonna take part. I wanna help set a world record.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I know I've already given my two cents (pence?) to this thread, but my band are supporting a band who are in next year's guiness book of records. They're called Buck Brothers and they're in there for playing 30 gigs in 12 hours. They're also really well known and have been nominated for a few music awards. Gonna be a tough crowd, but it's gonna be ace supporting a band like that!

How did they do that? Play a 20 min set, then move in 4 mins? Or was it in the same place, just different gigs?
Quote by Aidy Damage

ouch
Quote by TheShadow
How did they do that? Play a 20 min set, then move in 4 mins? Or was it in the same place, just different gigs?

Very short (2 or 3 songs I think) set, then move somewhere else. They're all in London. Being a Ramones-esque 'pop rock' band, it's easy to make gigs as short as possible because their songs are rather short. For the record (no pun intended) they ****ing pwn too.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Very short (2 or 3 songs I think) set, then move somewhere else. They're all in London. Being a Ramones-esque 'pop rock' band, it's easy to make gigs as short as possible because their songs are rather short. For the record (no pun intended) they ****ing pwn too.

that sounds cool, all in london? i'd probably be allowed to go but my parents dont let me do fun things
Quote by ^om the mad man
that sounds cool, all in london? i'd probably be allowed to go but my parents dont let me do fun things

Yeah, it's just 5 days after we support them at Cambridge Man on the Moon. All the details are on their myspace. www.myspace.com/buckbrothers.

They still haven't updated my band's name change on the listing for the Man on the Moon gig, but ah well.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Yeah, it's just 5 days after we support them at Cambridge Man on the Moon. All the details are on their myspace. www.myspace.com/buckbrothers.

They still haven't updated my band's name change on the listing for the Man on the Moon gig, but ah well.

ok cheerz
This whole smoke on the water thing is going to be atrocious. Every n00b can 'play' it, and hardly any of them are going to bother to properly tune their guitar. It's going to be a horrible, discorded mess.
yea, it'll be in guinnes book of world records as 'most squier-playing, acne ridden, wanabee teenagers in one place at the same time'
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
A friend of mines band is going to be in next years Guiness World Records too

They succesfully completed the highest ever gig. They played a gig, to paying customers, in a hot air baloon at around 8,000 feet I think it was (don't quote me on the height). They also recorded a song up there, so have another record for the highest recorded song too. Huzzah!

The band is called 'The Girls'. And strangely, they're all boys.
Quote by Aidy Damage
This whole smoke on the water thing is going to be atrocious. Every n00b can 'play' it, and hardly any of them are going to bother to properly tune their guitar. It's going to be a horrible, discorded mess.

I like look back on that song and lmao.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
Quote by Aidy Damage

Man On The Moon, you say...I could get there to watch...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I don't quite get what you mean...

In the title you say " most amount of guitars playing smoke on the water continuously"

Yet in the post you just say it's the record for the most people playing it at once...

So what is it? Is it just the most people playing at once or are they constantly going to play it over and over, is it going to go for a long time?

Please elaborate.

Oh and to all the naysayers, give it up for Christs sake. Smoke on the Water isn't that hard a song, it's just overplayed and a good song for beginner guitarists to play.
Honestly, the only reason so many people hate it is because it's "cool" to hate on the song. Okay, I admit, it's definately not my favourite song, and definately not my favourite Deep Purple song (Rapture of the Deep ftw!) But still, I don't go constantly hating on it and whining about how it's such an atrocious song and crap.
Seriously, it annoys me so much. It annoys me just as much as the people complaining about Green Day or Slipknot, it annoys me as much as the people who keep whining and carrying on about Page being a plageriser, it annoys me as much as the people who hate on emos.

Please... just LET IT GO!
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by flambe chicken
Man On The Moon, you say...I could get there to watch...

You better.
Quote by Scourge

In the title you say " most amount of guitars playing smoke on the water continuously"

Yet in the post you just say it's the record for the most people playing it at once...

So what is it? Is it just the most people playing at once or are they constantly going to play it over and over, is it going to go for a long time?

Please elaborate.

Oh and to all the naysayers, give it up for Christs sake. Smoke on the Water isn't that hard a song, it's just overplayed and a good song for beginner guitarists to play.
Honestly, the only reason so many people hate it is because it's "cool" to hate on the song. Okay, I admit, it's definately not my favourite song, and definately not my favourite Deep Purple song (Rapture of the Deep ftw!) But still, I don't go constantly hating on it and whining about how it's such an atrocious song and crap.
Seriously, it annoys me so much. It annoys me just as much as the people complaining about Green Day or Slipknot, it annoys me as much as the people who keep whining and carrying on about Page being a plageriser, it annoys me as much as the people who hate on emos.

I agree absolutely, but I just hate it because I don't like it. I just really hate the song.

And it is going to sound so horrible, there will be so many people not playing in time, and so many tossers trying to add fills and stuff to the riff to show off...
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Scourge

Please elaborate.

I hate the song, I'm not ragging on it just because it's a n00b guitar song. I ust hate classic rock in general, too.