hey guys,

I was wondering how many of you that build guitars, store the wood in a room at a certain humidity? and how would you go about making that sort of set up.
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
really the only thing u want to avoid is damp humid places otherwise it is fine anyweres
because if theres to much moisture in the air the wood will soak it up but it would take alot to ruin it
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
it's just that i live in Australia, and it gets pretty humid. maybe if i just build in winter, and get some of those little packets that soak up moisture.

PM forsaknazrael to join
yea u could do that are u could just buy like a metal box or some sort of container and put it in that with some of those moisture packets that would keep it nice
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
There are different ways people look at this, some keep wood stored at a controlled humdity while some prefer to let the wood "experience" the different seasons and weather changes.

I have no way of controller humdity so I just store my wood and projects in a cupboard that the humdity is fairly stable and try not to work on days too humid or dry.
so what humidity would be best for working on the guitar, and is there something i can get to tell what humidity it is?
I guess i could just keep it someware stable, box/copboard, etc.. and not do any work if the humidity was way too high/ low.

PM forsaknazrael to join