Page 1 of 2
hey, here is a GP5 file I've been working on for the last week which includes bass exercises aimed at increasing finger dexterity, strength, endurance and synchronization.

if you know of any exercises i don't have, please tab them out in this thread and I'll add them to the file. hope it helps you guys as much as it has helped me!

thanks for your time, cheers!

***UPDATE*** File now includes 50 exercises, have fun!
Attachments:
Bass Exercises.zip
Last edited by ElectricSledge at Mar 13, 2007,
you don't have to run through the entire thing, the main aim is to just start at exercise one and keep going until you can play it really smoothly, then increase the tempo then move on. i guess its not so much a workout, but more of a collection of exercises. if you knew each exercise and could play them all smoothly...if you did them all at a tempo of 120 it would take you maybe just over 5 minutes (i just ran the workout in GP and timed how long it went for HAHA).

anyone have an exercise they would like to share?
Would you mind posting just the tab for those of us without Guitar Pro, or convert it to Power Tab?
alot of those seem a note or 2 off from being a cool riff.....like most of the 1s near the octave (12th fret)

GOOD WORK!!...i'll have to save that.
Would you mind posting just the tab for those of us without Guitar Pro, or convert it to Power Tab?

Why not just download it. I realize that this is illegal and illegitimate but it is much cheaper.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Thanks for the exercise--good work! Much more fun and interesting than my current scale exercise I warm up with.

An exercise with arpeggio work would be cool.
Quote by Beast_Within
Why not just download it. I realize that this is illegal and illegitimate but it is much cheaper.

OR you could check on Sourceforge - they've got a couple of GuitarPro file readers/players for free that don't require any sort of piracy.

You'll get in less trouble that way.

Impressive.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Good additions to the mix. Exercise 49 was the first class assignment that I got from my present bass teacher; its still part of my warm up today. Good job.

Also, does anyone know a good GP reader that reads v 5 files? My version of DGuitar only reads up to ver 4 and Soureforge doesn't show an updated version yet.
Hi
Very good thread indeed. Well when you can play all these exercises in ur sleep, then wake up and play the ones in the attachment. Be careful with the Cliff Burton one. The time signatures are tricky. Good luck!
Attachments:
Bass Lessons v2.zip
very nice indeed, this will help me get my skills up
Roland bass cube 30
Behringer shitty starter bass.
Planet Waves 20ft / 6.1m instrument cable
Cherub Tuner
would it be possible to tab it in Power Tab please? i'm just tight and don't wanna pay for GP
Quote by Wratheh
would it be possible to tab it in Power Tab please? i'm just tight and don't wanna pay for GP

Bittorent.

Use it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Hmm.. me likey. Great job!
"I don't understand how one can kill a man in the name of peace, that's ridiculous."
- JBT
Nicely done!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
For once I am glad someone raised a thread from the long dead--I lost this file when my computer crashed earlier this fall.
Page 1 of 2